(5 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 26 2018 20:39:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Everyone,
    I am in the process of migrating us to a new host. This will occur sometime during the week. You may experience a brief period when the site is down for maintenance or something does not look right.

Rest assured it will be temporary and we are not going anywhere!

nobugs

Update: 11/29:

The database was moved between about 8 and 9:45 am. If you posted during this time or made other changes (reegistered, changed password, etc.), these changes may have been lost. I apologize for this.

The migration should now be complete. If you notice any issues with site functionality or missing content outside of the hours noted in this post, please give me the details below so we can look into this. Sometimes things go wrong with migrations and it’s important to identify the issues ASAP so they can be fixed.

I thank you again for your patience with this process, and for using the site!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Nov 27 2018 18:18:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Update (11/27): I expect the site to be migrated to the new host later tonight— between Weds. 3 am EST (New York time) and 8 am EST. If you post (or respond to others) between these times, your post may be lost. I recommend you either keep a copy and be prepared to repost, or hold off on posting until after 8 am EST Weds. Posts made before 3 am EST Weds. Should be fine.

Sometimes there are minor hiccups with such a move and it’s possible everything won’t work 100% as of 8 am Weds. EST. If this is the case, I will update you ASAP if the site is live, so you will know whether it’s safe to post again. If the site isn’t live, be assured we will be back online ASAP. This site has been going for 12 years and I hope to be here for many more, or — better yet— until bed bugs are not a problem anymore.

The reason for this move is our web host is closing down.
    We have another host identified which should work even better.

We also need to upgrade the site software soon, so keep in mind there may be additional small disreptions coming, but I will try to give you more information as soon as I can. However, the goal is to make sure the site is working and hopefully working better than ever.

Thank you for your patience and for using the site!

Feel free to post any questions or feedback here (keeping in mind the guidelines above).

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Nov 28 2018 8:43:31
    #

Login to Send PM

UPDATE: We are not yet fully migrated, and will give you another such window in the next couple of days. For now, it’s safe to post and respond again!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Nov 29 2018 10:20:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: 11/29: please hold off on posting, registering, or updating your profile. for the time being. We are currently migrating. Thanks for your patience!

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Nov 29 2018 10:50:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: 11/29:

The database was moved between about 8 and 9:45 am New York time. If you posted during this time or made other changes (reegistered, changed password, etc.), these changes may have been lost. I apologize for this.

The migration should now be complete. If you notice any issues with site functionality or missing content outside of the hours noted in this post, please give me the details below so we can look into this. Sometimes things go wrong with migrations and it’s important to identify the issues ASAP so they can be fixed.

I thank you again for your patience with this process, and for using the site!

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

297,427 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams