Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

I'm starting to think it's personal

(8 posts)
  1. ClutterFree

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 30 2014 17:52:33
    #

Login to Send PM

You may remember my panicked and freaked out post from over a month ago when I discovered that I had a reinfestation of bb's after being free and clear for over 2 years. Nobugs and others hoped and advised that with only 1 bb found and no other real evidence except a maybe-blood smear I might have a lone ranger bug. After 3 treatments and nothing more interesting found than half the body of a spider that once took shelter in my packtite (such a disturbing find, btw) it was looking like I was well on my way to posting a success story.

If you remember all that, you may have also noticed that I've been off the bb forum grid for the a while, too. Between not having any real activity and getting ready for a trip overseas, I (a) felt bad for only being able to post "I have phantom itchiness but I'm still clean, ya'll" and (b) I didn't have the strength for coherent posts after packing, shopping, etc.

So I'm back home today. My mother took care of my last bb appt, at which I was declared clean. She even put my sheets back on my bed, sweet woman that she is. So I went to see how good a job she did of figuring out my sheet-to-blanket system (it's not really a system, I just wanted to know if she got the blankies in the right order). And I promptly found a bb crawling over one of my pillows.

Mind you...as of last Tuesday there was nothing in the traps and nothing in the intercepts. Yes, I have allowed my neighbor, who has had a possible bb-siting, to store some furniture in my "office" while work is being done in her apt, but I sprayed it down with isopropyl alcohol until I nearly made myself sick and there are traps in that room right near the furniture. Plus! Plus my bed is isolated! Mom tucked in all the sheets and comforters way better than I ever do, and nothing is touching either a wall or a piece of furniture--although I guess it's possible for the sucker to have jumped from my night table to the bed, but if it is so please don't tell me. (Okay, tell me, but warn me before you freak me out some more about bb's wonderful and disturbing habits.) Clearly, then, I brought it with me.

I will also admit to having put some of my luggage directly on the bed (but on the foot not the head, and this guy was crawling towards the general direction of the foot) and having left it there untreated for about 30-45 minutes. And, like I said, I've been overseas.

But come on!

Ugh. So there go my plans to run down the street and pick up some post-trip Chinese. It'll be cold cereal as I do, and monitor, 2 packtite loads.

Yes, I tried taking a picture of him. Unlike like last time I've got him stuck between some tape, but with the sun mostly down the lighting in here is terrible and my camera phone shows off its weaknesses. I'll try for better in the morning, but I am both confident and positive it's a bb, though I couldn't begin to guess how old it is past the nymph stage. I can also tell it's probably more unfed than not. It's all see-through and whatnot.

Sigh. Off to have some cold cereal. And to think, I was protesting a 4th treatment from my PCO. Ha!

One good thing...I'm handling this remarkably well considering I nearly had a panic attack at the airport when it looked like I was never going to get my luggage. If only I'd known...

2. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 30 2014 18:44:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Let's hope it was from the luggage. I don't know much about BB except if the apartment has been empty, it would come out for a meal.

I'm so sorry, Clutterfree, but you know you can handle it.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  3. ClutterFree

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 30 2014 20:20:40
    #

Login to Send PM

I know I know I can...but I think the whole situation has upped my worry and panic factors. The panic attack at the airport? Not typical for me. I'm a worrywort, but I've just been extra lately.

But, yeah. I can do this. I can do this. Grr. Argh. L

4. ClutterFree

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 30 2014 20:22:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I know I know I can...but I think the whole situation has upped my worry and panic factors. The panic attack at the airport? Not typical for me. I'm a worrywort, but I've just been extra lately.

But, yeah. I can do this. I can do this. Grr. Argh. Let the luggage cook!

5. scaredstiffofbbs

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 30 2014 21:49:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, Clutter Free, I'm so sorry to hear this news I understand the feeling of "I know I can, but really??" Damn.

It's always been my impression that bb's, much like white men in the movies, don't jump, but of course I'm not an expert. Hopefully it was from your luggage, there was just one, and you caught it. Or at worst, if there was more than one, any others are now being fried in the PackTite.

Sorry for cold cereal too Maybe you can treat yourself to Chinese food tomorrow. And yay for your mom

I hope you have a good and restful night.

6. ClutterFree

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Mar 30 2014 22:14:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much, scaredstiff. Me and my over worked back are floored on my bed, waiting for this packtiting cycle to end. I forgot to open the plastic bags in my luggage so it's taken longer to reach 120. But it will. And when it does I'm am off too sleep! I've been awake, mostly awake, for 24hrs. Gotta love those timezones

7. ClutterFree

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Apr 10 2014 19:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Found another bb, this one dead and dry as the Sahara. Also, found this guy on the floor of my bathroom in an area that would normally be covered by my bathroom mat. Personally, I think he fell out of the light fixture in the bathroom when I changed the bulb, which would explain the dessication. Seriously, I "caught" him in a piece of toilet tissue and all his moveable parts fell off. Head...legs...ovoid body with a vaguely pointed end...all in different places. Not that anyone probably remembers this, but I actually saw my first lone ranger bb before Christmas in my tub, so it's not completely wild that I have finally found his long lost brother.

Finding him is just the bb-shaped cherry on an emotionally messy cake. I don't know what's up with me this week (okay, I can guess but I don't feel like sharing). Finding the bb body isn't helping at all. My bathroom's already a neglected mess, I'm all out of sorts...It's just... Really? One more thing???

I just need to share. There's nothing to do, I think, although this reinforces what many people have told me that the issue is probably in someone else's apartment and I'm reaping their lone rangers. It's...it's...ugh! Annoyed. Apathetic. Disgusted. Lost. All of those are me and that makes no sense. I just want it to stop already. One less thing to be stressy about would be fabulous, really.

8. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Apr 11 2014 19:13:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm sorry you are going through this, Clutterfree.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323