I'm starting to freak out

(31 posts)
  1. Lyonkyng

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Mar 8 2015 23:47:54
    #

Login to Send PM

So, in the middle of January I moved to a new city for work. It wasn't the nicest apartment, but heat was included and the price was decent. Anyway, after I signed the lease and paid, the agent told me that they have an exterminator come once a month as a preventative measure because the city has a bad bed bug and roach problem. I figured great, they're being proactive.

Well, I didn't have a problem till a few weeks ago (not long after the exterminator came and sprayed actually, but I think that's just coincidence). One night I crashed on my couch and I woke up with several bites. I suspected bedbugs but wasn't sure, so I started sleeping in my bed again. I gradually started getting more and more bites until last Sunday I saw an actual bug. I wasn't sure it was a bedbug though and put off getting in touch with maintenance. Tuesday night I found one crawling on my pants, so I called the next day and scheduled the exterminator for Monday.

Since then I've found several more, but the weirdest part was tonight. I had washed and dried and bagged up my clothes a few days ago and tonight went to put them in a plastic tote I had stored dishes in before the move. There were 4 or 5 bedbugs in there and several smaller specks that could've been little ones. Now, it had been left open and was right next to my door, so they could have fallen off me as I walked by, but that seems kinda unlikely.

I'm just coming a little unhinged, I haven't slept well cause I've been sleeping in the tub to avoid getting bitten (I know once the exterminator comes I might have to become live bait, but till then they can go hungry). And I'm all alone and attempting to build friendships seems kinda irresponsible right now. Plus, I'm up to a dozen bugs spotted in a week, which from what I've read is a very bad sign.

2. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 9:21:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't slept well cause I've been sleeping in the tub to avoid getting bitten (I know once the exterminator comes I might have to become live bait, but till then they can go hungry).

I'm not an expert & not sure what the experts would or will say on this but the tent maybe of use to you if you travel or until you get the problem managed , it seems much better then the bath tub route ..
    The tent is covered in the useful tools section on this website, you may want to take a peak & see what you think ..Good luck..

http://bedbugger.com/usefultools/

3. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 11:34:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Lyonkyng,

Your story does sound a bit unusual. Could you post a picture of the bugs you're finding for postive ID by one of the experts?

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

4. Lyonkyng

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 16:31:14
    #

Login to Send PM

There's a couple of them.

5. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 17:48:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the photos verifying Lyonkyng. I'm not an expert, but, yes, those are bed bugs (or close relatives). I, as you, just thought it was strange that you found them in the kitchen in the plastic bin.

It really sucks that you are having to deal with bed bugs, and I'm sorry. Perhaps some good news is that you do have a PCO to help you?

Please ask him/her (and it's very important) if all the adjoining apartments (top, bottom, sides) have also been checked for bed bugs. If other adjoining apartments are infested and they are coming over to your apartment from another apartment, the treatments should be done together.

Have you begun reading the FAQs yet to arm yourself with knowledge? Let us know what questions you have.

You'll get through this and we will help you!

(Edited: P.S., the one in your photo doesn't appear to have fed recently . . . and it appears to be male (although I'm horrible at "sexing" bed bugs (wth right?)), but the sex of that particular one is not that important as you said you have found multiple bugs, just kinda an FYI type thing.)

(Double Edit: Wait! Are both the photos of the same bug? Because the top one looks like a male, but the bottom/upside down one looks like a female . . . I told you I was horrible at sexing bed bugs!)

6. Lyonkyng

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Mar 9 2015 20:57:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Actually, the pco was a big help. The tenant of one of the apartments below me was evicted shortly before I saw the place and had had bedbugs. So when he sprayed down there last month it chased them up through my floorboards (thank god it's all wood and linoleum in my place). The big issue right now is that he hasn't been able to get in touch with the guy below my bedroom to check his apartment. He sprayed today and is coming back on Friday to reapply more thoroughly. He seems confident that I shouldn't have much more of an issue, but told me to keep an eye out.

And yes, those are 2 different ones from the plastic bin. I picked up the top one with a piece of tape so you could see the top, they all ended up on their backs when I sprayed them (but doesn't alcohol do that to us all?)

And I'm kinda impressed you can tell that much from those pics, all I see is a former "roommate"

7. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 0:39:15
    #

Login to Send PM

In response to the tent idea - if the tent is too pricey, you can try putting masking tape up on the ceiling of wherever you sleep on the perimeter of the room and then putting clear shipping tape over the masking tape (the masking tape is to protect the paint from being pulled down when you remove the shipping tape.

Then, take a blush-applying makeup brush and apply a light coating of talcum powder on the clear shipping tape. This makes it too slippery for most crawling insects to stay latched on to while upside down.

That'll take some time, but may be worth it. Then by a 2 mil thick or thicker clear plastic tarp that is put on floors when painting to protect the floors on top of your mattress. Drape it over the bed so that it does not touch the floor (3 or 4 inches above the floor - you can cut it down to size if need be).

Bed bugs and other crawlies generally find smooth plastic too slippery to cling on to. This may result in bed bugs just not being able to get to you while you sleep. Put your bed sheets over the plastic tarp on your bed.

8. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 0:44:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Regarding your clothes... it's quite possible the dryer you used to dry your clothes is just not nearly hot enough to kill bed bugs. It has to be at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit - preferably above 160 degrees F, and for at least 45 minutes, preferably 90 minutes. Less, and the bed bugs just get a dry around in a warm room and slightly singed, but not dead yet.

You can check if a commercial laundromat (not your regular home dryer because they rarely ever even get to 120 degrees F) by using a kitchen thermometer... the type you stick in candy to measure the temperature... they generally go up to 180 degrees F and can be bought at most grocery stores in their gadgetry section for less than $ 6.

Run the dryer with dry clothes in it for 3 minutes. Open the door, stick the thermometer in some layers of clothes with the reader facing the door so you can see the temperature when you close the door again. Don't keep the door open for long - you want to keep the heat in there. Do not turn the dryer back on yet. Come back in 3 minutes and look at what the temperature is. If it's below 140 degrees F, try a different laundromat. You've just wasted 25 cents for the 7 minutes of dryer time, and maybe $ 5 for the thermometer (don't use it in a dryer that's running - it'll break like that). If you were to try this with clothes you already washed which are wet, makes it more cumbersome to find a different laundromat.

9. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 1:04:30
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 24 minutes ago  » 
    In response to the tent idea - if the tent is too pricey, you can try putting masking tape up on the ceiling of wherever you sleep on the perimeter of the room and then putting clear shipping tape over the masking tape (the masking tape is to protect the paint from being pulled down when you remove the shipping tape.
    Then, take a blush-applying makeup brush and apply a light coating of talcum powder on the clear shipping tape. This makes it too slippery for most crawling insects to stay latched on to while upside down.
    That'll take some time, but may be worth it. Then by a 2 mil thick or thicker clear plastic tarp that is put on floors when painting to protect the floors on top of your mattress. Drape it over the bed so that it does not touch the floor (3 or 4 inches above the floor - you can cut it down to size if need be).
    Bed bugs and other crawlies generally find smooth plastic too slippery to cling on to. This may result in bed bugs just not being able to get to you while you sleep. Put your bed sheets over the plastic tarp on your bed.

That sounds a bit crazy and unnecessary to me.

Ghengis, please read the forum rules and lay off the advice-giving for a while.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 1:09:47
    #

Login to Send PM

I had washed and dried and bagged up my clothes a few days ago and tonight went to put them in a plastic tote I had stored dishes in before the move. There were 4 or 5 bedbugs in there and several smaller specks that could've been little ones. Now, it had been left open and was right next to my door, so they could have fallen off me as I walked by, but that seems kinda unlikely.

Sorry about your situation, Lyonkyng.

I am not an expert but I wonder if the bed bugs were inside the tote because they had fled the pesticides used in treatment? (Some products cause repellency which isn't actually a good thing.)

A neighbor with a problem may also have used bombs which can cause bed bugs to spread. These are some reasons bed bugs may be found in unusual areas like kitchens and it might explain a bunch of bed bugs in a tote.

You are seeing a lot of bed bugs and you need a pest control professional with access to attached units for inspection/treatment. Note that once monthly treatments aren't likely to be enough at this point.

Since it sounds like the building may have a serious problem --at least in your unit and potentially in attached unit(s)-- if they cannot allow access and proper treatment can't be done, you should consider whether treating your stuff and moving is an option.

11. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 7:25:24
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 6 hours ago  » You can check if a commercial laundromat (not your regular home dryer because they rarely ever even get to 120 degrees F)

Water heaters are generally set below 120, but I've yet to find a dryer that isn't well above 160. The last t-stat I replaced had a setting for around 175, and that's on the exit side.

12. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 7:48:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Lyonkyng

hey all ended up on their backs when I sprayed them (but doesn't alcohol do that to us all?)

LOL very funny..but true!

And I'm kinda impressed you can tell that much from those pics, all I see is a former "roommate"

She is the AbsolutelyFreaking Awesome One,

Its great your keeping a sense of humor about things. Hang in there !

13. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 12:42:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Lyonkyng -  » 

Dear Lyonkyng, funny on the "roommate" comment and I'm glad for you it is a "former" roommate! However, don't be tooo impressed . . . while I could tell that it didn't appear like it had recently fed due to not much blood being in it's gut . . . I was probably wrong on the "sexing"! I try to go by what Lou has taught us . . . that a girl's bed bug butt is very round in appearance where a guy's bed bug butt is not as round . . . although he uses the terms "male," "female," "asymmetrical," etc.! LOL!

ItsJustABug -  » 
    She is the AbsolutelyFreaking Awesome One,

Awwww thank you ItsJustABug . . . but as noted above to LyonKyng, don't be tooo impressed!

@Loubugs . . . I sent you a PM! Please sex these bugs for me . . . but only if I was right!!! If not, please keep it to yourself as it would reflect badly upon YOU as my teacher . . . well unless it would be your plan to make me stay after class (yet again) . . . diabolical plan Lou!! . . . and that's why you're my favorite!! bwahahahaha!

14. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 14:52:38
    #

Login to Send PM

The tenant of one of the apartments below me was evicted shortly before I saw the place and had had bedbugs. So when he sprayed down there last month it chased them up through my floorboards (thank god it's all wood and linoleum in my place). The big issue right now is that he hasn't been able to get in touch with the guy below my bedroom to check his apartment. He sprayed today and is coming back on Friday to reapply more thoroughly. He seems confident that I shouldn't have much more of an issue, but told me to keep an eye out.

Yes, top picture of a bed bug is a male. I think the one taken from further away could be a female, but if that was one that was a larger image, then it would be easier to ID, sex it. It's a moot point since you have different bed bugs in the apt anyway. It appears that the PCO isn't getting to all the apts that need treatment and that he is basically following around infestations or at least when people complain. This will never really fix the problem.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  15. Lyonkyng

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 22:35:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I saw a couple more live ones last night, but they didn't look too healthy and I finished them off. Discovered a couple dead ones today. I'm really hoping I can trust the pco. Right now I'm planning to encase the mattress after he sprays again and try sleeping in my bed again. If they come back I'll give him one more shot and then start apartment hunting again. I really don't want to have to move so soon, but I've gotta do what I've gotta do.

My other main concern is my car, between running clothes to the laundromat and a 20-30 minute commute, I'm worried they'll end up in there. A friend who dealt with them said to use Hot Shot spray a couple times a week on it for a month after I stop seeing them in the apartment. I just wanted to make sure it was a good idea or if that's overkill or what.

And I've gotta try to see the humor in it, otherwise the thought of being some bug's giant human flavored slurpee would drive me crazy(er).

16. Lyonkyng

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Mar 10 2015 22:50:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, my lease does have a bed bug addendum. It basically says that my apartment was inspected and there was no sign of bedbugs, that I have to cooperate with the exterminator if I do get them, and I can't sue them for losses caused by the bugs or treatment. I'm wondering if someone here knows the law pretty well and could look it over and see if I can at least abandon ship without losing my security deposit.

17. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 0:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Lyonkyng - 1 hour ago  » 
    I'm wondering if someone here knows the law pretty well and could look it over and see if I can at least abandon ship without losing my security deposit.

No one on the internet can give you legal advice which is worth anything. If someone is actually a lawyer, they're not allowed to do this! And people elsewhere may tell you things and be incorrect.

Therefore, I suggest seeking local advice. Tenants' organizations often advise people. These can be found in most major urban areas. If you aren't in one, try the nearest one: Google "tenants organization [name of city]". If you need help, PM me with your city and I will try to help.

Free or low cost legal aid advice from an actual lawyer is also a possibility in most cities, We have a link in a FAQ entitled "I need legal advice but can't afford a lawyer...".

18. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 3:51:58
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs -  » 
    Yes, top picture of a bed bug is a male. I think the one taken from further away could be a female, but if that was one that was a larger image, then it would be easier to ID, sex it. It's a moot point since you have different bed bugs in the apt anyway. It appears that the PCO isn't getting to all the apts that need treatment and that he is basically following around infestations or at least when people complain. This will never really fix the problem.

Thank you for the IDs Lou! I knew it didn't matter in the big scheme of things since the OP is finding multiple bugs, I was just courious if I was correct. Thanks!

19. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 9:37:47
    #

Login to Send PM

If they knowingly rented you a place with an insect problem.
    Some thing to consider also is small claims court ,if the amount is under something like $1500 -$2500-$5000 depending on state statutes & you want to brake your rental contract that court can do it.
    It's generally around $80-150 to file & serve summons & you won't need a lawyer to do it.
    Just a thought I'm not an expert or lawyer or giving advise here.
    But it's a lot like traffic court in most states your in & judge decides and your out..
    You can Google Resolving Issues Through Small Claims for your state for more info .

20. ItsJustABug

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 9:59:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Just some info that may help
    50-State Chart of Small Claims Court Dollar Limits & states that have this court available.
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/small-claims-suits-how-much-30031.html

aslo about bedbugs & rentals on the same site
    http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/bedbugs-cause-disease-46714.html

21. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 18:56:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Fair enough, nobugsonme. I had tried the plastic sheet draped over mattress and slippery tape lightly coated with talcum powder on the ceiling around perimeter of bedroom in the past, when I had a confirmed bed bug infestation at a prior place of residency. That did reduce the number of bites immediately. Mind you, that in and of itself would not kill a bed bug, but it does make it harder for them to feed on a sleeping person. Without food, a female bed bug cannot make babies. And those strategies also help a person sleep more soundly, to refuel for the next day's activities.

22. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 19:06:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, BigDummy, while there are plenty of dryers on the market that go at least 160 degrees F, this does not mean that 160 degrees F will actually be provided for that dryer from the gas line.

The fact is that the generic American single-family house usually do not have gas lines which crank out more than about 120 degrees F (electricians specializing on repair of residential dryers confirm this, as do store owners of washer/dryer appliances), which is not, according to bed bug experts, hot enough to kill bed bug eggs. See http://www.mdpi.com/2075-4450/2/3/412 The lethal temperature for bed bug eggs is 130.64 degrees Fahrenheit.

It is highly possible that LyonKyng experienced bed bugs coming out of laundered clothes sealed in plastic bags because the dryer in which they were laundered through simply was not hot enough to kill bed bugs or kill their eggs, or the clothes were not in the dryer for long enough to accomplish such.

Hence, it is logical for a person to test via an inexpensive candy thermometer (about $ 5 to $ 6 at large grocery store), if the dryer they plan to dry their clothes in actually gets hot enough to kill bed bug eggs. It only takes 5 to 6 minutes to test (faster if one has a laser-pointer type of electronic thermometer (costs about $ 30 to $ 50 - see http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-4-to-600-Degree-Non-Contact-Infrared-Thermometer-IR001/100674438 )

23. Lyonkyng

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 21:48:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Honestly, the dryer isn't the problem, I haven't had an issue with my clothes. I discovered the bugs when I went to wash the "dirt" out of the bin before putting the clothes in there.

And I appreciate the advice about my legal options. I was more wondering if I should waste a lawyer's time than asking for actual counsel, but your skepticism is duly noted.

Also, I've been seeing more each day, even since he sprayed (granted, several are dead and the others seem sluggish and disoriented (not really the right word) like he said any live ones would). I know part of it is awareness (I'm getting paranoid about every speck of dirt) and I've been spending most of my time in the kitchen and bathroom where they're easier to see. I also thought they might be getting bolder cause they haven't fed in a while or may be behaving oddly because of the poison. Idk, am I just rationalizing? Is the situation much worse than I think it is? Should I insure the hell out of everything and pursue less conventional "heat treatments"? (Yes, I'm kidding about burning the place down (ok, 85% kidding) )

24. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 23:03:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Glad to hear it isn't your dryer that's an issue. Easy to check with a thermometer.

At a prior place I lived, it was awful to put my clothes in the dryer for 45 minutes prior to going out in the evening time, to soon after feel bed bugs on me anyway. Later, I discovered the cause - the commercial-grade dryers at the huge apartment complex did not go over 120 degrees F. That's hardly "commercial" strength.

25. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 23:11:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Regarding legal action, LyonKyng - you may be able to get legal advice through the National Rental Protection Agency. http://www.rentalprotectionagency.com/ And you can check your municipality's Ordinances / Codes. They are usually online on the municipality's website. If you live in a multiple-dwelling (generally, 3 rental units or more), than the state you live in likely has its own cod that is stricter than your municipality's codes. It likely has the words "Multiple-Dwelling" and "Maintenance" in it, and spells out the landlord's requirements, including how pest infestations are to be handled.

Many municipalities require that a rental property containing 3 or more units must be pest-free within 30 days of the tenant's claim. And if this is not met, than in many cases, such as in Philadelphia and New York City, the tenant has the right to terminate the lease early, without any repercussions.

While I'm not an attorney, I do have expertise regarding property maintenance codes. Good luck to you. If you have any questions about how to find the codes, or want some resources on how to interpret those property maintenance codes, I can point you further in the right direction.

26. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 23:31:17
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 26 minutes ago  » 
    Glad to hear it isn't your dryer that's an issue. Easy to check with a thermometer.
    At a prior place I lived, it was awful to put my clothes in the dryer for 45 minutes prior to going out in the evening time, to soon after feel bed bugs on me anyway. Later, I discovered the cause - the commercial-grade dryers at the huge apartment complex did not go over 120 degrees F. That's hardly "commercial" strength.

Since bed bugs are killed at 120F, Ghangis, I am perplexed by this anecdote.
    Perhaps the bed bugs weren't coming from your clothing or something else was going wrong in the process.

27. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 23:33:10
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 19 minutes ago  » 

Many municipalities require that a rental property containing 3 or more units must be pest-free within 30 days of the tenant's claim. And if this is not met, than in many cases, such as in Philadelphia and New York City, the tenant has the right to terminate the lease early, without any repercussions.
    While I'm not an attorney, I do have expertise regarding property maintenance codes. Good luck to you. If you have any questions about how to find the codes, or want some resources on how to interpret those property maintenance codes, I can point you further in the right direction.

No offense but in NYC, I would recommend a trusted free source of information like Met Council on Housing's hotline, rather than an anonymous stranger on the Internet.

I would caution the OP not to rely on a forum poster's interpretation of your rights under NYC housing codes.

28. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 23:42:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Let's not put words in my mouth here - I wrote, "or want some resources on how to interpret those property maintenance codes, I can point you further in the right direction." I did not state I would interpret them for LyonKyng - again, I'm not an attorney with an expertise in pest infestations.

I am, however, an expert in property maintenance codes related to the structures themselves, so do know which departments and staff members to turn to get further assistance as needed related to property maintenance issues, from town-to-town across the USA. Unfortunately, most people just don't know what governmental resources are available to them, and how to get their vested interest.

29. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Mar 11 2015 23:55:38
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Let's not put words in my mouth here - I wrote, "or want some resources on how to interpret those property maintenance codes, I can point you further in the right direction." I did not state I would interpret them for LyonKyng - again, I'm not an attorney with an expertise in pest infestations.

To be super clear, I am not putting words in your mouth. You gave this advice:

"Many municipalities require that a rental property containing 3 or more units must be pest-free within 30 days of the tenant's claim. And if this is not met, than in many cases, such as in Philadelphia and New York City, the tenant has the right to terminate the lease early, without any repercussions."

Befor acting on this, I would verify it with a trusted authority such as the housing rights group I named.

I am, however, an expert in property maintenance codes related to the structures themselves, so do know which deptartments and staff members to turn to get further assistance as needed related to property maintenance issues, from town-to-town across the USA. Unfortunately, most people just don't know what governmental resources are available to them, and how to get their vested interest.

And my point stands-- no one here has any way of knowing if your advice (ie reading of property codes) is correct, unless they are experts in it. So I'd recommend people go to a trusted source.

30. GhangisKong

banned

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Mar 12 2015 0:25:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Right on, nobugsonme. I'm with you 100% - it is wise to get a second-opinion to confirm facts, in all aspects of life, including things found on this site. Just because someone is an expert in something does not necessarily mean their opinion is the most accurate one, or even accurate at all. Everyone is just a human, not a robot.

31. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Mar 12 2015 13:53:28
    #

Login to Send PM

GhangisKong - 13 hours ago  » 
    Right on, nobugsonme. I'm with you 100% - it is wise to get a second-opinion to confirm facts, in all aspects of life, including things found on this site. Just because someone is an expert in something does not necessarily mean their opinion is the most accurate one, or even accurate at all.

I agree with that. Being an expert does not make one infallible.

But I am also making an additional point, which is that we shouldn't assume people are experts because they say they are.

Very few people on this site are deemed "experts" on bed bugs, and their identities are known to others.

You simply can't assume anonymous people online who are claiming to have expertise actually have it.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123