Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug bites, skin, etc.

I'm so miserable!

(4 posts)
  1. xscrewygirlx

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Dec 22 2018 14:58:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I recently discovered that I have bed bugs. There is no question. I'm becoming quite the expert, now, at identifying them... that, and the little suckers LOVE ME! There are two other people in the house, and they barely notice the bugs. Me? I look like I've got chicken pox!

I get 5 to 15 new bites EVERY SINGLE DAY. The bites are so itchy, I scratch at them until my skin bruises. I use ice packs because baking soda is a bit messy for the number of bites I have. I've tried cortisone cream, neosporin to stop infections, soaking the bites in cool water (which works, but I can't live in a bathtub.

I'm going to inform my landlady on Monday, but my fear is that she will not spring for effective treatment. I've had bed bugs before, and it was the most miserable time in my life! The landlord kept sending in a pest control company that used only pesticide and a few traps to monitor the problem. I managed to get rid of them by getting rid of most of my belongings. I had to build up from nothing. I bought everything new from reputable companies and avoided used furniture. I've lived in my apartment for two years, bed-bug free!

And then, suddenly, I got this cluster of bites... starting two months ago. Now I am covered. (I counted 24 bites in a 2-inch area right near my wrist.) I've seen three actual bedbugs (which I crushed into oblivion, soaked in alcohol, and flushed down the toilet.

I've always been very attractive to any insects that drink blood, and I can't figure out why. I once lived in a house where fleas were present... they liked me better than they liked the animals! I can't figure it out! I'll tell you this much: I'd rather have fleas than bed bugs. At least I know how to get rid of fleas.

Why do they bite me so much? What is it about me that attracts them? Aside from offering to help with the cost, how can I convince my landlord to spring for the reputable company in the area and not to use the companies that only use pesticide? How can I get my roommates to stop rolling their eyes when I mention how miserable I am with the bites? Are there any tricks to get them not to bite me so much? I could try surrounding my bed with DE, but I have a 10-year-old dog who has severe skin allergies and a compulsive licking problem!

Any suggestions or information would be welcomed!

2. lsdrg706

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Dec 22 2018 16:45:10
    #

Login to Send PM

While I cannot offer much advice on everything, there is one thing I can offer to help with, and that is to suggest dabbing tea tree oil on the bites for itch relief. It is the only thing that works on my family for any kind of bug bites, and we've used prescription steroid cream, benedryl cream, heavy moisturizer, among other things. Give tea tree a try and see if that helps. I'll leave your other questions to the experts!

3. xscrewygirlx

newbite

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Dec 22 2018 16:49:30
    #

Login to Send PM

lsdrg706 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    While I cannot offer much advice on everything, there is one thing I can offer to help with, and that is to suggest dabbing tea tree oil on the bites for itch relief. It is the only thing that works on my family for any kind of bug bites, and we've used prescription steroid cream, benedryl cream, heavy moisturizer, among other things. Give tea tree a try and see if that helps. I'll leave your other questions to the experts!

I'll give it a try. Thank you!

4. lsdrg706

Posted 11 months ago
    Sat Dec 22 2018 17:49:44
    #

Login to Send PM

If that doesn't stop the itch, try putting witch Hazel on it. It is an astringent, and should help with inflammation.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,427 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams