Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tales of Bed Bug Woe

I'm So FREAKING OUT - WHAT IS THIS?????

(5 posts)
  1. BettyV4

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 2 2008 13:26:25
    #

Login to Send PM

[b]Within the last week (besides going through an inordinate amount of stress) I wake up in the middle of the night itchy as can be; I never woke up itchy from bed bug bites. I immediately turn on lights, check the itchy sites, (located in areas never bitten before, like near my elbows). What I see is lots of hives looking marks; two were practically on top of each other - looking exactly like mosquito bites. They itch just like mosquite bites or hives, are not red or pink at all, and here's the best - when I wake four hours later the marks are gone. I also immediately check the bed - under corners of sheets; blankets - pillows - (all encased) with double stick tape around metal frame with vaseline around wheels.
    I find nothing. No bugs. Anyone ever go through this? Do I need to be put away? I am so itchy during the night, find hives or something, then poof - nothing. HELP!!!!!!!!

2. vampiremenionprey

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 2 2008 13:46:46
    #

Login to Send PM

most of the time those who have had previous bed bug bites their skin becomes hypersensitive. If in the morning you're not waking with any bites is it possible that it could be just dry skin?

How long have you had an infestation? How many treatments have you had? When were your last bites?

3. Jeanette

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 2 2008 14:19:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Betty, I have had psoriasis since before I got bed bugs. It is dry psoriasis that only occurs very occasionaly when I am under stress or it is too hot - just small itchy patches that appear. I have cortisone ointment prescribed by the doctor that I usually use for this.

However, at times, when I am under inordinate stress, as you have mentioned, the manifestation of the psoriasis changes and instead of itchy patches, I get hive like itchy raised skin that is not red. These disappear on their own.

At first I was mystified and rather scared. I saw a dermatogist about my condition and he said it was a manifestation of my reaction to undue stress and prescribed Claritin for me.

I got these hives when I discovered I had bed bugs, about 6 months ago. That was when saw the doctor. I have been taking Claritin since then and the hives have not reappeared. Maybe you would like to see a doctor or dermatologist?

4. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 2 2008 15:44:40
    #

Login to Send PM

You got some great advice already, but remember that some people do not react to bites for days, even up to 10 days. Maybe you reacted to old bites and they went down quickly, or maybe the stress made old bites flare up. If it continues, definitely check with a dr. This whole roller coaster ride is nerve wracking!

5. Marixpress

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Dec 2 2008 16:46:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Let me start by saying I'm not suggesting you were definitely bit by BBs during the night. The most recent bites on me disappeared after only an hour or two.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,771 posts in 50,035 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,359 members. Latest: questioning_bugger, Mikayah, maybeebedbugs