Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I'm scared to come back on here but I do need support and encouragement

(7 posts)
  1. cazzap06

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 5:58:13
    #

Login to Send PM

This is hitting me hard - I can't pretend it isn't

I am THANKFUL for my sister who is on the end of the phone but feel I am wearing her down & don't want to do that but wouldn't get through without her!

My family ie daughters won't visit & I don't want them to 'just in case'

The ''possible infestation'' scenario has escalated to a definite case & I got more than 20 bites yesterday evening and boy do they seem to walk in straight lines! lol

I WANT TO KEEP MY MENTAL HEALTH INTACT AT ALL COSTS

YES I HAVE to tackle this problem on my own as in they are now in the bedroom & living room settee and my one and only guest in 3 weeks got bitten along with me from the settee which I had no clue they were in as thought they were only in the bedroom ( and only a few )

The living room has loads of boxes of stuff that I had put away for a move along with loads of kids toys for Christmas presents etc

The room is huge and I put the curtains up my nailing them to the window frame so the thought of removing them on my own with dust & bits & possibly the bb's themselves isn't filling me with glee

I have very long hair & am sure I have felt them in there as I don't always tie it up

Might have to don a head wrap and goggles etc to prepare the room/s

The SPARE room has 2 old beds in it and is cluttered to the hilt as even my daughter & her friend have their stuff stored in there

Its only money but have some lovely cute stuff for the kids for when I move and become a childminder

I FEEL LIKE WALKING OUT IN JUST THE CLOTHES I HAVE ON , GOING TO A SHOP TO BUY NEW CLOTHES & THEN NEVER COMING BACK , SERIOUSLY!!

My downstairs neighbour is literally 6 inches away from the infested settee just below the floorboards , I can't even carry it out to get rid of it as it is a huge L shaped one & have heard this can spread them anyway

I'm short of money so cannot to trips to the launderette & have no tumble dryer

Thank God my visitor took precautions like I insisted they did so I don't think they took them home with them but do NOT think they will visit again

THE LONLINESS & FEELING OF ISOLATION WITH SO MUCH TO DO IS OVERWHELMING SOMETIMES

I wanted to lose weight , but not like this as hardly have an appetite

I MAKE SURE I SLEEP NOMATTER WHAT - If they are going to bite me , then bite me , but then let me get the sleep I need so I can function!!!

I think they are everywhere so will be a huge job to eradicate

I had a PCO come out who didn't believe I had them & was rude , abrupt & very intimadating in his manner!

I rang the council & asked for someone else to come out & they are getting back to me on Monday

I cannot do this or get through this without support but am churning inside and my heart is actually aching with all this because as 'practical' as we can be in this it does cause HUGE and REAL SUFFERING

There is no other word for it & I don't know how many I have in the settee if I have 20+ bites plus my guests ones but I don't want to imagine how many - I want to get through this with at least TRAUMA as possible SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE either be gentle with me or SAY NOTHING AT ALL!

2. studiopeg1

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 7:04:28
    #

Login to Send PM

It is a real emotional roller coaster for sure. I don't sleep well at all anymore since my parents house got hit with an infestation. Just take it one day at a time - if we think about the big picture it is overwhelming.

3. cazzap06

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 7:12:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Studiopeg - The only way indeed to get through this is one day at a time & I am trying to look after & take care of myself as much as possible so it doesn't beat me mentally , have been cracking some hilarious jokes when talking to my sister as laughter really helps so I try and fix something nice to eat to encourage me to eat & keep my strength up & I sleep for as long as I can & today I made myself have a lie in and got 7 hours which is much better for my mood than the 2 hours I was also getting - I want to beat this mentally as well as practically / physically as it not a ''nice thought'' knowing you have them & was even tempted to cut all my hair off but will put it in a headcarf when cleaning as it was dragging on the floor sometimes etc & am sure I felt bugs in it :-(

None of this exactly cheers you up so am finding other ways of getting support / cheering myself up which does include watching comedies , drinking lots of tea which is a real simple pleasure right now and like you said , taking one day at a time

Good wishes and best of luck in getting your problem sorted very soon! xx

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 7:13:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I did write and offer some help and advice but having checked you have still not read the message.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. goingcrazybb

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 19:59:49
    #

Login to Send PM

cazzap06 - I am so sorry you are gonug through this. So many of us on here are feeling overwhelmed. You are right to try and get sleep. Without it it makes everything that much harder.

One step at a time. Focus on what you can do today and only that. Take a moment everyday to do soemthing that brings you joy, a talk with your sister, a chapter or a favorite book and goos cup of tea, whatever it is, find it and give yourself that gift.

6. Highlevelhysteria

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 20:27:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I can hardly talk since I'm vacillating between calmly determined to utterly annihilate them and complete and utter hysteria and the urge to simply walk out with the husband and the dogs and let all of the stuff just rot! (and then wash our clothing and all our selves very thoroughly!!)

That said... try to keep calm! There are lots of people going through this at the same time as you. We can take comfort in knowing that we are not alone.

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Sun Sep 30 2012 20:47:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi cazzap,

Please read David's message. If you do not know how to find it, just ask!

Why would you be afraid to post here?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,432 posts in 50,192 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams