I'm moving what now.

(3 posts)
  1. Pincheschinched

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 3:55:21
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm buying a house and found bedbugs here in my current residence. I rent a room in a house and have since finding them, sprayed with chemicals two times, put down diometrious Earth for two days, used a steamer, sealed the mattress and box spring, yet even after spending 8 hours steaming everything, killed 4 while doing it, today I still saw two live ones. WTF?!?!? Yes ran all of my sheets, pillows, and blankets in a commercial dryer on high for an hour.

The bed isn't mine so it's not going with me.

Ok I have a TV, a computer and a wireless printer I want to move. What do I do with these?

My clothes I plan on taking to the laundromat and cleaning the dirty ones then drying on high heat for an hour. Per maintenance there the dryers get between 160 and 180. All the clean ones I only plan on drying for an hour on high heat. What else here?

I plan on putting clean socks, pants, and shirt in Ziploc bags from the week before to wear after packing all my clothes and then showering.

What about my car?

What else?

2. rae7755

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 16:58:38
    #

Login to Send PM

I would steam clean your car as thats what I had done to mine. i vacuumed the floors and sprayed alcohol too on the seats (not recommended but i did it anyway) then I put everything in the vac sealed bags as soon as they got out of the dryer (with clean clothes on). all our other stuff was heat treated at 120 degrees for 2 hours, but if you cant afford that, then I would suggest getting those nuvan strips? not sure if they work yet but you just put the stuff in a plastic container and seal it with packing tape. I put all the wrapped up stuff on our deck. for electronics you might consider getting those spray bottles for like keyboards. sorry idk if this helps we just moved and have yet to see if its gonna work

3. bugged-cdn

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Jan 22 2018 18:58:48
    #

Login to Send PM

I'd be wary of using Nuvan strips in the same room where I live and sleep. We used a spare bedroom and sealed it off while the treatment was taking place.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,776 posts in 45,869 topics over 139 months by 20,196 of 21,002 members. Latest: bbcurious, Zencowboy, Blogger2296