Im leaving.

(2 posts)
  1. BondGirl

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 14:02:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone. Pest control came to spray for bed bugs yesterday and was here for like 20-30 mins and I know because I just sat in my car until he finished because he said I had to wait 2hrs 15min to go back in. I asked him wat did he use and he said he couldn't tell me. Then said they'll come once a week for 3 more weeks to treat the bed bugs. I didn't hire him my leasing manager has a contract with them I'm guessing. This place had bed bugs when I moved in on 2-28-17(4 days ago) No I have not been bitten to my knowledge since I've been here. So many cracks in this apartment I didn't even realize but that's my fault I should have fully inspected. Pest control only treated my apartment. Now I'm breaking my lease and moving because I don't feel comfortable here and I'm not taking anything but my clothes(hot washed and dried in high) and important papers....everything else I'll properly throw away.
    Any tips on how I could relocate safely and how can i tell if the bed bugs are hiding or if they're gone and if pest control really took precautions spraying my apartment. I could just be paranoid and my anxiety is through the roof now.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Mar 3 2017 14:38:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

There is a moving FAQ which outlines best practice.

I wrote about what to do at the next destination in a thread earlier, here:

http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/1-bed-bug-no-bites

20 - 30 minutes does seem fast for a thorough chemical treatment, it actually takes time to apply less and in a more productive way. There are also a glaring hint in the "could not tell you what he used". I hear that and I always flash to the point int he video below:

https://youtu.be/pzGp8bmFyvo?t=9m39s

Professionals take the time to explain what they do because they are professional.

Please above all take the time to understand how bed bugs get brought into peoples homes because I would hate to hear of you moving and starting the problem int he new property because you did not work out how it happened in the first place.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid