I'm just being paranoid right?

(3 posts)
  1. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 28 2010 20:45:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so I finally convinced myself that I don't have bed bugs and was on my way out of the apartment last night to run to the store and buy a celebratory six pack when I saw something which freaked me out slightly. Leaning up against the dumpster not twelve feet from my front door was a box spring. I've been living in this apartment for 5 years and this is the first time I've ever seen this.

So assuming that it's been put out as the result of a bed bug infestation (this is obviously a big if), is it paranoid of me to think that they might travel the 12 feet from the box spring to my front door (which is the closest apartment to the dumpster)?

-rs1971

2. bushbugg

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 28 2010 21:06:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Not necessarily.
    Was the box spring from your building? Its ore likely that a bug migrated to your apartment or dropped off of it as they moved out. can you eyeball it from a few feet away in daylight? What youre looking for is little black dots (like a marker) especially around the seams.

Otherwise its highly unlikely they would come from there to your apartment. For food, they follow our breath and from a short distance, our heat. Outdoors, theyre probably just looking for a place to hide until they can find a body nearby.

3. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 9 years ago
    Thu Oct 28 2010 23:34:54
    #

Login to Send PM

bushbugg - 2 hours ago  » 
    Not necessarily.
    Was the box spring from your building? Its ore likely that a bug migrated to your apartment or dropped off of it as they moved out. can you eyeball it from a few feet away in daylight? What youre looking for is little black dots (like a marker) especially around the seams.
    Otherwise its highly unlikely they would come from there to your apartment. For food, they follow our breath and from a short distance, our heat. Outdoors, theyre probably just looking for a place to hide until they can find a body nearby.

Well, it's not really an apartment house. They are townhouses. Unfortunately I have no idea which apartment / townhouse it came out of. Hopefully if it's out there for reasons related to bed bugs, it wasn't one of my neighbors. Wherever it came from, and whatever may or may not be in it, I wish that they'd get rid of it pretty soon.

-rs1971

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,406 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams