Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

I'm in my 30 day "warranty" period and.....

(7 posts)
  1. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Mar 26 2017 21:50:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm freaking out. It's probably all in my head but I'm itchy, I'm itching everywhere. I've had a few bumps in the last week or so but could really be from anywhere/anything. I'm the only one itching in house, my kids both react and I do but apparently the husband doesn't.

Anyway I've basically been given the all clear by my PCO after my 3 treatments but they give a 30 warranty/grace period or whatever you want to call it. Because of this he suggests not totally unpacking everything just in case so we wouldn't have to prep again if anything happened. He did say the clothes we currently still have out can go back into the dressers and with everything else that is out just live as normal but don't pull out extra stuff just yet and I have listened bc I ever want to do that prep work again!

I haven't seen anything, in awhile actually. It's been about a week before my very first treatment and that was feb 14. I'm not cleaning heavily on purpose just so I'm not cleaning away anything I may otherwise miss with cleaning. If it's here I want to know before the 30 days are up. Sheesh I haven't even vacuumed since my last treatment as to not disturb and risidual pesticides. I'm just doing the absolutes must with cleaning. I am still checking the kids every few days for bites/bumps and checking the bed every night with a flashlight before I jump in for the night.

I'm actually not even sure what my point is here, I'm just rambling all over the place. I'm in the middle of a panic attack over this and for what? I haven't seen anything and my PCO never saw anything during treatment. Believes I caught it so soon that my cleaning/prep may have taken care of the problem.

Really hoping one day this will be in the distant past and not something that haunts me like this for the rest of my life. Thanks for letting me rant.

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Mar 27 2017 0:36:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Itching can have other causes -- even pesticides may cause it.

Try not to panic.

Consider using bed bug monitors if you aren't.

Learn to search for new fecal stains.

Was the problem originally visually confirmed by a pro?

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. mp7ski

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Mar 27 2017 0:42:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey there! Glad to hear you're not seeing anything. I get the itchy feeling part. Even though I know I still have an issue, I itch all over in areas I know I haven't been bitten. I hate it. My biggest problem is thinking about the future. My gfs family and my family are all close so I'm freaking out about the fact that eventually the bugs may pop up at one of their places. I'm confident that I can move and not take any with me but it's the thought of reinfestation that really gets to me. We are not, and can not just quit seeing our family. But the thought of getting them back from one of them who may not know they have them or take the issue as seriously is mentally taxing. Hopefully you won't find anything and are done with all this.

I am not an expert, any advice I give should be considered as amateur advice and not taken as fact. I mean well with all my posts and try to give back. If you plan on using any of my advice, I suggest doing research into said advice to make sure it is in your best interest.
    Study on Thermal Death Points(pages 18-29 of pdf) : http://www.propanecouncil.org/uploadedFiles/Council/Research_and_Development/REP_12221%20Efficacy%20of%20Heat%20on%20Bed%20Bugs.pdf
    Study on Cimexa: http://www.pctonline.com/article/pct0814-silica-gel-research-bed-bugs/
  4. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Mar 27 2017 6:51:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobugsonme - 6 hours ago  » 
    Itching can have other causes -- even pesticides may cause it.
    Try not to panic.
    Consider using bed bug monitors if you aren't.
    Learn to search for new fecal stains.
    Was the problem originally visually confirmed by a pro?

Yes they were visually diagnosed by my PCO. I caught a few and saved them in a pill bottle for him to see. I do know what new fecal stains look like and haven't noticed any. Like I said it's probably all in my head! I just hit a panick attack over it. I have bad anxiety to begin with. I guess I just needed to rant/need reassurance.

5. CantStopCrying

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Mar 27 2017 22:22:43
    #

Login to Send PM

mp7ski - 21 hours ago  » 
    Hey there! Glad to hear you're not seeing anything. I get the itchy feeling part. Even though I know I still have an issue, I itch all over in areas I know I haven't been bitten. I hate it. My biggest problem is thinking about the future. My gfs family and my family are all close so I'm freaking out about the fact that eventually the bugs may pop up at one of their places. I'm confident that I can move and not take any with me but it's the thought of reinfestation that really gets to me. We are not, and can not just quit seeing our family. But the thought of getting them back from one of them who may not know they have them or take the issue as seriously is mentally taxing. Hopefully you won't find anything and are done with all this.

Considering I still do not know where they came from I'm terrified! As I've told you before my moms apartment building could be a source, however she's looked and never seen anything. My dads girl friend had/has them now I'm hearing reports that the local Walmart I go to every week has them. I went there one day specifically to "inspect" saw nothing but I've seen more than once someone say they have them. Who knows.

To make matters worse I post this thread last night and go to work this morning and I'm working with my patients only to later find out that on admission said patient had BB. Was not on any type of precautions. We got the patient from another floor and it was never told to us when the patient was transferred to our unit, the doctor that over took the patients care found it in a note. "Supposedly" the other unit had cleaned the patient and got rid of all belongings "getting rid of the problem" which is why it wasn't disclosed BUT I KNOW BETTER. That's not getting rid of them blood suckers! Especially when family is still visiting!

When I left work tonight everyone thought I was nuts, I got a set of paper scrubs that we typically give to homeless patients so they have something clean to wear out of the hospital and got a plastic bag went to the bathroom and took off my scrubs put them in the plastic bag and came home in paper scrubs, left my shoes outside went straight into the shower where I took off the paper scrubs and threw them in a trash bag and had my husband run them to the outside trash while I showered. It was a cold shower because my scrubs were in the wash on hot and I ran out of hot for my shower but I didn't care! I was NOT brining that in again!

Maybe the freakin game out and anxiety was some sort of 6th sense 😂

6. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 28 2017 7:22:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh, can't stop crying. Hang in there! All your signs are good. You are taking the necessary precautions. It will be OK. You do sound like me whenever my husband gets home from a business trip. The kids want to hug him, and I cut that off, send him straight to change clothes, bag his suitcase and put laundry on. Then we can give him a proper welcome

This will pass, I promise. I itched forever, it seemed. I really do think it is mostly in my head. That and dry skin. This sucks, but we will get past it.

7. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Mar 28 2017 7:27:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah, dry skin is bad this time of year. Doesn't help the anxiety.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,482 posts in 49,272 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk