(11 posts)
  1. Red

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 13 2009 19:19:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey All

It's been 93 days of no signs and no bites. I'm so nervous to do this but I feel like I've come out on top. 3 PCO treatments and a homemade recipe ( from other poster ) of DME, rubbing alcohol, dishsoap, murphey's oil and water ) Prior to the homemade mixture I had a few questionable red marks, but since I sprayed down the stuff ( about a month ago )...nothing.
    I'm going on vacation to Mexico to celebrate my victory. I will be inspecting every inch of my hotel room but mainly I'll be sunning my bb scars.

I feel normal again...almost.

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Mar 13 2009 20:29:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey good for you!!! 93 days is great! Relax and feel good .... But I would think twice about a vacation to Mexico right now ... If I were you, I would repaint my place, buy a new potted plant, and imagine I’m at some new relaxing resort .... only 20 feet away from your own kitchen =)

3. sickandtired

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 14 2009 11:35:16
    #

Login to Send PM

go to mexico and enjoy yourself!!! after inspecting your room, of course.

congratulations on feeling almost normal again. it's a long road. we all deserve a holiday...

4. BostonPCT

Posted 10 years ago
    Tue Mar 17 2009 12:17:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Congrats....Make sure you give good some good words to your PCO if your happy with them!!! That's the thing we love most! lol. Enjoy your celebration vacation.

5. HelpIamgoinginsane

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 21 2009 4:41:19
    #

Login to Send PM

SO yyou can kill them? Are you in a house or APT because my concern is even if I rid my APT they may migrate from someone elses. I am so f**kin depressed.

6. whcosta

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Wed Sep 21 2011 20:18:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It is soooo depressing. I am on day 43 and feeling rather good about it since buying the BB beacon. I go away for a few days at a time and haven't yet gotten one inside the beacon so fingers crossed! I still wake up in the middle of the night once in a while with my flashlight though. (truth be told)

7. trash-aint-treasure

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 8 2011 19:09:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you repost the recipe for the homemade spray?

8. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Dec 8 2011 19:15:21
    #

Login to Send PM

t-a-t,

The post above was from two years ago. It's unlikely Red will see your request.

I am not sure what "DME" is but 91% rubbing alcohol, dish soap and murphy's are contact killers. This means you have to spray bed bugs directly to die. It is not likely to eliminate a bed bug problem. And it's not necessary to mix contact killers in this way.

I strongly suspect that Red's three professional treatments were a lot more effective.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  9. VictoryIsMine

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 12:23:40
    #

Login to Send PM

The "few questionable red marks" were, maybe, "lingering skin issues?"

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 12:39:41
    #

Login to Send PM

VictoryIsMine - 15 minutes ago  » 
    The "few questionable red marks" were, maybe, "lingering skin issues?"

VIM,
    I think you're referring to another thread. It might be useful to post your response there to keep it all in context. You can find your own posts in your profile by clicking your member status next to your post ("newbite").

11. VictoryIsMine

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Dec 9 2011 13:07:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry, my bad. I was referring to this:

Prior to the homemade mixture I had a few questionable red marks, but since I sprayed down the stuff ( about a month ago )...nothing.

It just made me wonder, perhaps after the treatments s/he still had skin issues from bbs, but with the passage of time they went away, and s/he thought it was from her mixture, since the timing might have coincided. But in the end, it might have been just his/her skin, taking time to fully heal.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

297,228 posts in 50,143 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago