Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Tools/ideas for fighting bed bugs

I'm Going Crazy. How do I prevent travelers and BB in my car? car seats?

(2 posts)
  1. distraughtinLA

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2011 8:48:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I have 2 PCOs coming today for estimates but I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent bringing them with me when I leave the house. I'm panicking and crazy and I feel like they are everywhere.. I have these phantom itches all over my body, all day long. Do they typically only bite at night or would they travel with me and bite during the day? And my scalp is itchy a lot - but again, I don't know if I'm just crazy!

I haven't seen one in my bed, only what I believe to be a casing but my daughter has bites on her legs and she sleeps in bed with us. And I looked under the sheet in my son's bed and it doesn't look good.. I'm afraid to move the sheet off, though, because I want the PCO to see it and I don't want them to spread because I've disturbed them. (I feel awful about letting him continue to sleep in the bed, even though I know it is what is recommended). I can't sleep, I can't eat and I'm nauseous/throwing up from the stress. I hate feeling like I have no control - I keep trying to be productive but I'm almost paralyzed with this obsession to fix it.

Is there something I can use in the car and what about my children's car seats?
    And what about the cat?
    I have a nanny/babysitter that comes to the house every day and I'm worried that she'll quit and I won't be able to work or that she has them now to and she will expect me to pay for treatment (which I wouldn't be able to afford). Or what if she doesn't think she has them but then does and brings them back after we go through treatment. Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhh! Help!

2. bbgirl

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Jul 12 2011 12:08:02
    #

Login to Send PM

So sorry you are going through this - it is extremely stressful and at it's worst you wonder if you'll survive it I know. You are probably close to the worst of it and it will get better from here but you have some very valid concerns. If you read the FAQ's in the travel section you will get instruction on how to prepare before leaving the house so that you minimise the chances to taking any hitchhikers with you or infesting your car. I think in all fairness you have to tell the babysitter that she is being exposed to them while in your home but that you are being treated. She should probably bring a bagged clean set of clothes with her when she visits and change before leaving to avoid taking any home. Her worn clothes should be bagged and immediately washed and dried when she gets home according to the laundry instructions in the FAQ's or she could leave them with you to launder for her and keep bagged until she returns.
    My scalp was very itchy during the worst of my infestation and I did sometimes feel that despite taking all precautions that I had taken one or two with me when I was out. Just do your best......that's really all you can do. It will get better! These are just my personal observations - not an expert but unfortunately bed bug experienced.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19