Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

i'm going crazy

(11 posts)
  1. viennabites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Tue Jul 10 2018 8:57:30
    #

Login to Send PM

we live in vienna, austria. my husband an i found the first bites in march, it took a few days before we recognized, that both of us have bites. so i cleaned up everything and found nothing.
    we called a pest controller and actually he also did not find a thing. he used insecticids and steam and diatomenous earth. we washed all our clothes. we had this procedure for three times since march. but we still have bites. sometimes one, sometimes five, sometimes on my belly, sometimes on my back, sometimes on the feet. my bites were changing - some of them are a lot smaller as the bites i had in the beginning and they also are not that itchy anymore - but you can see it when i get up in the moring or sometimes they come in the evening hours.
    my husband only had one bite until the pest controller was here (june, 12) but today in the morinig, he found two new on his leg. after the pest controller was here the first time, he was bitten much more then i was. i don't know what to do, we did not find any bug but some other animals - beetles, silverfish, spiders, flies - nothing spechial. everybody tells me to "wait" like i am stupid. i can not wait anymore - i am going crazy. i don't know what to do, i want to clean everything up but i am not allowed to do this to not wash away the insecticide. is it possible to see nothing for four months but actually have bed bugs? should i really wait for whats happening if i do nothing more about the bugs?

2. viennabites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 13:29:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Today was the first day for a while where we did not get any bites. Except my son, i found one on his leg.
    I ask myself if it is possible to not find any signs after 4 months. No bug skin, not a single bug. Our bed is clean. My Sons bed is clean and my Daughters bed as well. Not a single bug or sign. We had three treatments, two of them with mythic sc (its Phantom in us i guess) and One with a poison where i cant remember the Name. And de was used every Time. Would it ne possible that we have bugs that survived this treatment and still arent Seen? Wouldnt we find dead bugs? I found a lot of dead insects but no bedbug. Is this possible or am im going crazy?

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 13:38:10
    #

Login to Send PM

No evidence of bed bugs after four months, no bed bugs. Time to look for another cause to your skin irritations.

4. viennabites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 13:44:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Really Three of four people have skin reactions? Are you a professional? I could send you a pic of my husbands belly After the first treatment. Maybe you have an idea what it could be? For me our irritations look like bites.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 14:05:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Images of bites are useless.

6. KISADIDA

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 18:12:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Put climes up for all bed frame, don’t let bed touch walls, use passive monitor to observe whether there are bed bugs. My mother also got mystery bites and I’m using these tools to observe. After put clime up and isolate the bed, my mother doesn’t get more bites. Don’t see any bed bugs, I’m thinking whether it’s beetle larvae reaction. But still keep wary all the time:)

7. viennabites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 18:40:42
    #

Login to Send PM

My husband had about 70 bites in about 5 Days After our first treatment. Then it got less.

8. viennabites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 18:44:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I talked to a guy with a dog to clear whats happening but he takes about 350 euros just for the Info if the Dog smelled bugs or not. Pc said we should wait until 5 weeks are over what is Next tuesday. The poison should still ne Active he said.

9. Bugsareicky

Posted 4 months ago
    Thu Jul 12 2018 19:17:40
    #

Login to Send PM

The residual poison is usually not instant. Bugs will continue to come out and bite for a little while. They'll sometimes wander around disoriented, and you'll find them in strange places. They will start to move slowly, and eventually die. A ton of bites right after a treatment is not unusual. The plus side, is that every bug that bit him, likely crossed poison to do it. Their time is now ticking. Definitely wait until your spray needs redone. If there are still bites, spend that money on another treatment rather than a dog.

10. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 13 2018 8:40:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Stop advising treatment when there's no evidence of bed bugs, that's counterproductive.

11. viennabites

newbite

Posted 4 months ago
    Fri Jul 13 2018 14:47:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Somebody has Experience with Phantom used against bedbugs? Is it true that it should still Work 4,5 weeks After treatment? Pc said so.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,262 posts in 46,759 topics over 142 months by 20,630 of 21,514 members. Latest: jungr, laurwes, Cursive08