Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Psychological and Health problems caused by bed bugs (besides bites)

Im driving myself insane!!!

(9 posts)
  1. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Jun 26 2017 9:52:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been dealing with bed bugs for 1 month had the house sprayed like 4 times and tossed the infested mattress, dressers, tv stands, basically everything in the rooms besides the beds and TV (on small table easy to clean) I have 3 kids they are fine bite free for the whole month minus a single bite her and there which I believe to be mosquitos or fleas considering where we visited. I'm just driving myself insane I worry what if they were a single bb bite and the Lil bastards are still here. I've found no evidence of anything I did find 5 bugs at different time during this but nothing in 16 days. I'm just going crazy last week I tore apart my kids boxsprings which were in encasements just to make sure they were ok. And treated them and put them in new encasements. I'm constantly checked under edges of carpets I'm too afraid to let my kids in my room which is where the infestation was I'm too afraid to go anywhere and have anyone over. I gonly crazy when I find dolls or clothes on the floor. I feel like bugs are crawling on me throughout the day. I try to keep calm and talk myself back to reality which is no bites and no sightings which is good right? I put cimexa in the walls and around outlets to help but I still feel like they are sitting and waiting in the walls. I plan to move later this year and only take treated clothes and treated electronics with us. This whole ordeal is driving me crazy and I've already been to the nut house once like 4 years ago my family thinks I need to go back my spouse thinks I'm making too big a deal since the kids are ok and there are no signs or bites. I'm venting on here because you all know what it's like to feel this burden Im just not sure am I making myself crazy? should I just relax and wait to move? Is the move a good idea? Will it help? This just feels like too much. And yes I'm getting help and taking my meds but I just can't let go of this fear of them here waiting to get us go.

2. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 27 2017 9:48:41
    #

Login to Send PM

So today is a new day I'm trying to fight these crazy thoughts and it's very hard. I still haven't found any bugs or fecal staines and no one has any bites. I'm trying to accept the possibility they are gone and we made it through. I just have the fear of too good to be true. It's been a month my kids are ok through all this they are the calmest. My son is 11 and he's been awesome he reassures me no bites we are ok. the mental problems these things cause is no joke I've never felt like this and I hope and pray for everyone going through this because it is exhausting, scary, and not easy to just get over even after they are gone. I feel a little better from 1 month ago I dnt cry as much but it is extremely hard to adjust. There were some days I didn't think I'd make it, and that my kids were better off somewhere else which is crazy but at the panicked time that's what I was feeling now I fight I clean I inspect and even thought I cry and feel crazy I'm fighting because my kids are my everything and I won't let this bring me down. The worry is the worst part I worry they will come back.

3. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Jun 27 2017 10:16:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Well I guess I spoke too soon. When I woke up my daughter and got her ready for daycare I saw 2 bites on the back of her leg. Now I'm crying sitting in my driveway. I'm thinking it's the couch we all sat on it last night to watch a movie. Im so defeated I plan to take apart the couch(big sectional) and check and dust. All I can say is why her she's my baby I sit on the couch often and nothing now the crazy starts again

4. Proudmommyto3rottenboys

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 0:35:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Sweetie I feel for you I really do.Ive dealt with bed bugs for almost 4 years off and on.Got rid of them 2 and a half years ago after 2 heat treatments at $2,200 a pop and just got them back.We just paid for our 3rd heat treatment a few weeks ago.At times I also feel like they never go away.I already take meds for depression and panic attacks and this whole BB thing makes me worse.I'm a little different then you cause I freak out so much I Wont even sleep I'm my house.I go out back in a tent.Even in the winter I did it.Doesn't bother my husband or our 3 boys like it does me.They think I make too much of a big deal out of everything.Anyways I come to these forums daily to check in and read what I can.And to talk to everyone and encourage others who are going through what I am.BB is the worst thing I have ever been through in my life...Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy..Do you live in a house or apartments?So your using Cimexa already.Thats a good thing.I also spray alcohol in all the cracks I can't see in just in case a bug may be in there and I hit it and kill it.I go Crazy with the alcohol, lol....Have you had any treatments done recently?Your right though no sign of BB's is great.Just try to breath and keep fighting.I always tell myself when I get crying and depressed because of it all that others have it way worse than we do.Some people dont even have a home to go to,or dont even have money to buy Cimexa and have a huge BB problem...Hang in there sweetie.If you need to talk you can always message me.

5. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 0:49:15
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in a single-family home my last spray treatment was 1 week ago and he'll be back in one more week I did put some cimexa in the walls and brush to the baseboards around my living room today I took apart my couch ripped out the bottom and checked inside no signs of anything not on the wood not on the frame not on the cushions nothing. I reject my daughter's leg when I picked her up from daycare and it looks like she has a few bumps right under her bottom I'm wondering though if it's a rash we played in the water last evening and she didn't change her clothes till bed so the wet shorts might have irritated her. I checked her bed her sheets and blankets picked up the bed nothing was there I just feel like I'm going crazy this whole thing is too much

6. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 9:54:54
    #

Login to Send PM

So I inspected my daughter's leg again and all the red bumps are gone. She has 1 lone Lil red bump behind her thigh but all the red bumps under her bottom are gone so I do believe it was a rash from the wet clothes. I had a nervous breakdown last night and just cried and held my children they told me everything will be ok mommy and right there i decided i can't give up I will report the issues I'm having with my housing people and see what I can do. I'm going to clean up again and empty the basement and garage and pray they didn't make it to those places. They didn't seem to spread really at all I think it was small infestation limited to just my room but I'm still cleaning and tossing junk. Sorry always venting but I gotta get this off my mind and if maybe someone ready and it could help them in some way good. I am a Lil crazy but I won't let this drive me to that dark place again

7. Sunnydaz

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 10:03:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Syco about bb, this is so draining. Especially if it starts effecting our babies. For me that has been the hardest part. My baby is older but he is disabled and will always be my baby, disabled or not. Lol! I'll say a pray for you and your family.

8. Syco about bb

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 10:10:35
    #

Login to Send PM

It is so draining you are exactly right some days I want to give up and walk away from everything with just my kids but I can't nowhere to go. If it were just me it wouldn't be so bad but yes when we have babies no matter the age it's so much harder knowing they have to go through this even if they dnt know my 2 youngest my girls dnt know I told them fleas were biting them from the dog because I dnt want them to worry bout bugs in their bed. This has been so traumatic for me Ito hard to think everyone at some point on here has been through it and got through it because sometimes I dnt think I will. I wish there was more help out there for this kind of stuff it really needs to be addressed I'm looking for help everywhere and haven't found any.

9. Sunnydaz

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Jun 28 2017 11:51:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes more help would be wonderful. This is the only place I feel comfortable talking about it. I've kept the details from the few people I've told which is only family. When I am talking to others and they ask how things are going I want to say terrible but then I would have to explain why. I've isolated myself for that reason and the anxiety of spreading these to others. It all just sucks! I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88