(6 posts)
  1. ArcherV

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Jun 30 2015 20:11:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all!
    I was following this forum for days, it is amazing but I haven't find the right answers to my questions, so I need a little help.

I took this flat 5 years ago and no one told us that was terribly infestated with bed bugs! It took us 6 months to get rid of them, 3 private company sprays and two from the council (the one that worked).
    I was always scared to get them back and now my biggest fear became real, again.
    This time we have just one room infestated, and just the window/bed area, no bugs found in clothes or other rooms. When I started to notice consistant bites (1 or 2 per night) I've called the council. Last wednesday they came here to properly spray. That night I catched 14 bugs alive. After a week I can't sleep, if I fell asleep I wakes up with angry and bloody bites, most on my ankles, right now that I'm writing I catch 5 of them, one full of fresh blood. My question is, it is normal that a week after I still find all these active bugs?
    On saturday I will go home for my holidays (Italy), I'm not scared to take some with me as I'm carefully washing and keeping clean clothes in another room, but I fear that the bugs can move in these two weeks from my room to my flatmates ones. Can this happened?
    It is normal to have this constant sensation of something walking on your skin everyday? It drives me crazy!

Thank you for any reply!

Valentina

2. ArcherV

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 1 2015 5:55:58
    #

Login to Send PM

up : (

3. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 1 2015 9:24:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry for your continued problems. Without knowing the treatment protocol, I would address the question of finding live bed bugs post treatment to the PCO who did the treatment.

And yes, bed bugs can and will move between rooms, especially when their food source is gone, but keep in mind that may have already happened and you're just unaware. Hopefully, the PCO treated the entire flat, not just your room. And again, I would address this issue to the PCO as many treatment protocols work best when there is a person around to act as bait.

See FAQ's /useful tools for precautions when traveling and note that the hot dryer is more useful than the washer for bed bugs.

Lastly, while your story strongly suggests bed bugs, since they seem to be still around, could you post a picture here for one of our experts to take a look in the off chance that it's something else.

As to the "skin walking sensation", I think that's quite normal when someone has (or thinks they have) bed bugs. The mind is a wondrous thing.

Richard

4. ArcherV

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 1 2015 11:07:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately I haven't take any pictures because I prefer to catch and killed them when I spot one running, but I know them perfectly, their aspect, their smell, etc. My PCO recognize them anyway.

Pest control came to spray last week, and in these days I've called them 3 time already, for them it is all normal, they are more active because can't hide as before, otherwise they will be in contact with the poison (generously sprayed on mattress, bed base, carpet, walls and curtains.
    The only problem is that I don't really remember how long the poison took to kill them all, that's why I'm a little bit concerned. I've asked to the PCO, over treating all rooms, to spray all over the carpet on the corridor, hopefully this will killed them before reaching my flat mates.
    After a month I think that my flatmates would tell me about the bites, but none of them got bites or haven't seen one of them alive.

Our PCO will come back for the second treatment on the 17th of July, hopefully for that time they will not spread on wardrobes or other rooms, I'm really worried about that, even if I see dead bugs every day, for hours I feel like it is working, then I see the daily one coming to me, or already over me.

PS. I wish to have an hot dryer, the only think I can do is to wash the clothes and in case bring the expensive ones to a dry cleaner, but at the moment I'm lucky, no sign of bb activity or infestations in any wardrobe or object, just on one bed and curtain (it is right behing the bed).

5. Richard56

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 1 2015 11:26:11
    #

Login to Send PM

It's unclear from you post, but it sounds like the entire flat was not treated. Not an expert, but given your history in this flat, I would think it should be, especially since you're leaving Saturday and will not be around to act as bait. Treating the corridors doesn't seem enough. Have the other bedrooms had a thorough inspection? Do you have monitors installed? Not everyone gets bites so that is an unreliable indicator. You might also ask the PCO for a list of the products used and where and then post them here for one of our experts to comment on.

Richard

6. ArcherV

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jul 1 2015 11:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I've got all the rooms and corridor treated even without signals of bb presence, just in case, as you said, they can be there anyway.

Our PCO used FICAM W NYLAR 80% w/w bendiocarb in the first visit, sprayed everywhere: mattress, bed base, carpet, walls, windows, curtains, doors.
    Next they will use CIMETROL 4.65% ww alpha-cypermethrin 4.65% ww tetramethrin 1.86% IGR pyriproxyfen.

I've never heard about monitors here, not even the PCO told me about that.

Richard56 - 22 minutes ago  » 
    It's unclear from you post, but it sounds like the entire flat was not treated. Not an expert, but given your history in this flat, I would think it should be, especially since you're leaving Saturday and will not be around to act as bait. Treating the corridors doesn't seem enough. Have the other bedrooms had a thorough inspection? Do you have monitors installed? Not everyone gets bites so that is an unreliable indicator. You might also ask the PCO for a list of the products used and where and then post them here for one of our experts to comment on.
    Richard

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,827 posts in 49,817 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316