Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

If Not Bed bugs then what?

(7 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 16:46:55
    #

Login to Send PM

we had a fight with the beasts off and on for the past 4 years. We have moved twice. Vikaned gas all.Treated tons of times. have spent over 20,000. Now 5 months after we move my daughter and I are starting to get bites on our knuckles again. Tiny little scab dots. I can't do it again. today I asked my kid what is on your hand and she said like it was no big deal, "probably just bites again mom." She has lived her whole life in and out of plastic bags, climb up monitors, steam cleaning bedding, drying and washing like crazy so to her it is no big deal. The bugs I have seen are not bed bugs and we have no real fecal matter, just a few black dots but they are not raised. I will not treat chemically again perhaps vikane but nothing else as my daughter has asthma and we landed in the hospital several times due to the treatments. Really I just don't know what else to do. At this point I will be meeting with someone to help me come to terms with the fact that my life will always have these things in them. Especially now that it is so wide spread. Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks so much for listening to my rant.

2. toledo

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 16:56:24
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm really sorry you are dealing with this again. Does Vikane kill rodent mites? Different types of bed bugs? I assumed Vikane kills everything, but may be wrong. How about heat? You've got to catch samples of any bugs you are seeing. Then I'd show it to several experts. PCOs have told me I have BBs, but I'm not so sure.

3. SearchandDestroy

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 17:17:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Kids get used to it, don't they? They are so flexible..she sounds like my daughter. Sorry that you all are still fighting it.

Are you in an apt?

4. Itchybutdealing

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 21:11:27
    #

Login to Send PM

No longer in an apartment. Now we are in a bigger house. We were in NYC now we have moved to the countryside. That is both good and bad. If we have them maybe they will be easier to get rid of,but exterminators are not as up to speed probably as in NYC. Also husband still travels a lot, in laws live in the city, babysitter lives in apartment building...etc. Kids are amazing really!

5. SearchandDestroy

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 21:20:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Well...then you can certainly get rid of them (if it's really 'them'). How about some monitoring?

6. BBcoukHome

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 21:21:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If the bites are only on the knuckles this might not be bedbugs.

Please check your PM's and email me.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

7. Itchybutdealing

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Nov 15 2010 21:33:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David I just PMed.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie