(4 posts)
  1. huncamunca

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Oct 26 2017 1:56:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, there. Unfortunately, back again for advice. I'll keep it short:

Back in April I am sure I woke up with two bites on my hand after sleeping at a hotel in Santa Cruz, even though I did check before we settled down for the night. When I got home, I stripped in the garage and everything I had brought with me was washed in hot water and dried on hot for 45 minutes. I also took a shower. I don't have a clue how any BB followed me to my room, but I had bites on and off for several weeks. I had a PCO come inspect and he found absolutely no evidence of BBs. My only indication that it could be BBs is that the first bite happened at a hotel room, and I did find what could have been a very new nymph (dead), transparent, no blood spot. Unfortunately, I lost it before PCO could verify. We did the whole wash, dry, clean EVERYTHING, dust, etc. and by about two months, I was bite free.

I remained so until about two weeks ago.

We went camping Sept 30. About 6 days later, I developed a horribly itchy rash all over my arm and leg that was consistent with and verified by the doc to be poison oak. He put me on prednisone, which did nothing to help. It's been been over two weeks since the rash developed and about 13 days since the prednisone and I still have itchy welts from the poison oak.

About the same time, I started getting bitten again. Small, pin prick bites, some in a line, some just two close together, some single. Strangely, most were in the exact spots that I had been bitten before. I'm somewhat thinking the poison oak has kicked off a larger scale allergic reaction. What do you think?

I was starting to think it was my body attacking me (I have developed some auto-immune issues as of late), but then I saw four clustered pinprick bites on my son after he slept in my bed ... so...

Another inspection and I found many carpet beetles despite not having a lick of carpet in the house, but NOT ANY evidence of BBs. Nothing! White pajamas, white sheets, mattress encased, not a single sign of fecal stains or blood or casings. Cats have been treated for fleas.

I recently bought a Dyson Mattress hand vac and am systematically vacuuming every crack in the house, the floors, joints, etc. This is supposed to suck the dust mites out of your mattress, so I am guessing it will suck up a bug or two. So far, nothing. Other than doing that, I'm lost.

My PCO won't come spray until I have evidence of BBs. I respect that. But what else can I do?

2. huncamunca

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Oct 26 2017 2:05:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I will also say that the poison oak, though clearing up in patches, is still itchy. And I have more welts around the poison oak site in additional to the pin prick bites that I think are BB bites.

3. huncamunca

newbite

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Oct 26 2017 9:54:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bugs are first in my mind because we did have some contact with a family that had a confirmed case of bed bugs. Forget to say that mattress and box springs were inspected and encased.

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 7 months ago
    Thu Oct 26 2017 11:58:29
    #

Login to Send PM

If it eats it poops, there would be evidence. Nothing in your description makes me suspect bed bugs.
    Bite patterns are a myth, bed bugs can't use rulers or protractors or compasses.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,686 posts in 45,068 topics over 137 months by 19,788 of 20,523 members. Latest: Starsky30, Sayitaintso99, bid