ID(i know they're BedBugs)

(2 posts)
  1. BondGirl

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 12:19:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, can anyone tell how old the bed bugs are and how long they may have been around. I killed these with raid roach spray. They were crawling up my wall. http://imgur.com/TZnbd2T

This is a lighter version http://imgur.com/4pYQALp

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Mar 4 2017 12:41:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The bugs themselves are likely to be between 4 and 8 weeks old. This however does not tell you how long they have been present, just how old they are.

If you want to get a more accurate estimate of the age of an infestation you need to look for the densest clutter of faecal traces and cast skins and take a clear picture of that. As you can see from the image below bed bugs tend to leave a lot of "markers" behind that can be used to model a likely age of an infestation:

Slide36 by David Cain, on Flickr

Also please read the FAQs so you understand why raid and other aerosol based insecticides are not recommended, even with sparing use. It is better to either use tape to stick them down or make a contact killer with a detergent solution.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs