Identify please: possible bb castings, eggs, shell

(3 posts)
  1. OneBugTwoBugThreeBugFour

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed May 9 2018 21:48:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Hi have found these on the mattress, on the box spring, as well as in the well of one of our wooden bed raisers. I found the possible whole dead bedbug under a radiator that I was thoroughly cleaning and have never cleaned before. It could’ve been laying there dead for quite some time possibly from previous tenants...

Thanks in advance.

Edit: If it’s any help in identifying if it’s an infestation or from tenants below us-the largest whole bug body was found under the radiator I was cleaning in the bathroom which shares a wall with our bedroom.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 7:21:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like part of a cigarette beetle (stored food pest), small beetle (could be moisture for food related). Large bug is difficult to say. It looks like a true bug (has beak), but I wouldn't call it a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. OneBugTwoBugThreeBugFour

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Fri May 11 2018 20:40:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Loubugs, thanks so much! What a relief. I had bedbugs in a different place I lived about a decade ago so I have been uber paranoid since. Some days I’m consumed about the thought of possibly having them that I am literally inspecting microscopic pieces of lint. I guess I’ll get some bedbug monitors just to have peace of mind as I do work in a profession where bringing the little beasts home is an occupational hazard.

What indicated you to distinguish that the biggest one in the top two pictures is not a bedbug?

Much appreciated.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,803 posts in 45,878 topics over 139 months by 20,203 of 21,008 members. Latest: tryingtoidenti, ieve2002, scarz12