#

Login to Send PM

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:53:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Upload to a host site and just post the URL.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  5. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:53:15
    #

Login to Send PM

6. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:54:57
    #

Login to Send PM

7. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:55:43
    #

Login to Send PM

8. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:56:04
    #

Login to Send PM

You're just posting the same thing.

9. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:56:43
    #

Login to Send PM

10. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 10:58:07
    #

Login to Send PM

The last 4 links are working . Please identify.

11. PicketFences

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 11:01:10
    #

Login to Send PM

They are not. Only you can see it. I get GONE and ERROR that shows up on my screen and a long ugly gmail code. You need to follow the instructions for posting pictures on the forum:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/topic/test-13

Here is the relevant excerpt:
    2. Upload the photo to a site that provides free photo hosting. Some possibilities include flickr.com (which our experts who actually do the IDs recommend, see below) or imgur.com, both of which give you readymade BBCode which links back to the image.

Please do not use a site which you do not know to be reputable. Please do not use ImageShack.us, or postimg.org which users have reported as causing pop-ups that set off security programs. Avoid Photobucket.com which will compress your photo to the point that it is too small for an ID, David Cain notes. Note: as of 9/2017, Photobucket cuts off access to a photo after a small number of views. Do not use it!

If you use a site which does require registration and login, please do not use an account which identifies you personally (name, email, your web persona you use on every other site, photos of your kids, etc.). If you already have a flickr account, for example, start a new anonymous one, or use another service.

That's important.

... because you should assume you're going to leave that photo up, so the link on our site does not need to be deleted. Remember that others, later, may learn from your photos, whether they were bed bugs or not. People are (hopefully) helping you, and you can help others by leaving your photo up for them to find through your thread, later. For this reason, please do not use dropbox. Thanks for your cooperation!

12. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 11:01:50
    #

Login to Send PM

If you count up from the bottom the links that picture is different or it should be. I am not computer savey. Sorry

13. PicketFences

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 11:20:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobody can see them except you. You can’t post pictures that way on this forum. Every single link is an error message. No picture. You have to follow the instructions I posted.

14. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 12:36:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, if you can't post the images Google bed bugs and compare to known samples.

15. HelpBB

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 12:42:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry. I wish I was more computer savey. I will see if I can figure it out. thanks

16. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Oct 10 2018 16:06:12
    #

Login to Send PM

You are posting a link to your email account and, of course, we are not you. In Gmail, go to 3x3 block of squares on right and click- these are apps. Pick Yellow/Blue/Green triange Drive. You can put pictures here. It might work when the picture is there, copy the URL and paste. Not sure. Haven't tried this way yet. Otherwise Imgur.com or Flickr.com works well. Tinypic.com is no good.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  17. bugging me

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Thu Oct 11 2018 1:05:28
    #

Login to Send PM

PicketFences is right, here's a step by step instructions that may help.

1. Download the picture from your email in your web browser. To download the file in Google Mail, hover your mouse over the picture and click the arrow pointing down.
    2. Go to your Downloads folder on your computer (or wherever your downloaded files go) by opening Windows Explorer (the file browser) and clicking on "Downloads" in the left sidebar.
    3. In your web browser copy and paste this link into a new tab: https://imgur.com/upload
    4. Drag and drop the picture from the Downloads folder into your web browser (into the tab with Imgur open).
    5. After doing this the web browser will show your picture on the screen. On the left side of the screen there is a button that says "Copy." Click this.
    6. Come back to the forum and paste the link into the Reply space.

That's it. Hope this helps!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,523 posts in 46,598 topics over 142 months by 20,553 of 21,419 members. Latest: pestbreaker, TRAY, tjg