Identify Please - Am pretty sure I know already

(4 posts)
  1. dahlga

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 20 2018 22:37:51
    #

Login to Send PM

This guy crawled across my bed tonight. No other signs other than one bite on my stomach that could have come from lots of other places...but...appearances look pretty convincing. Stripped the bed and didnt find any others or any signs...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110142559@N03/42359699540/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/110142559@N03/43262676705/in/dateposted-public/

2. death2allbedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 20 2018 23:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't want to get your hopes up, but most of your pictures appear to be booklice.

The first two photos appear to be that of carpet beetles.

The last few pictures are tricky because the image became dark and grainy (the ones with grid paper and the dime for size reference).

Can't explain the stains in your sheet however. Just be vigilant, because there could still be other bugs in the vicinity that you just haven't come across yet.

I could be wrong, but am fairly confident in what I'm saying. Please wait for one of the experts to chime in, probably sometime in the next day or so.

I hope this helps you!

-

P.S. -Do you have any other possible explanations for how the stains may have appeared?

3. dahlga

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Aug 20 2018 23:52:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Thank you, the first two pictures are the ones I am concerned about. Carper beetles I can deal with. I will wait for an expert like you said and am always aware since my husband travels but I appreciate you taking time to respond so much..

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Aug 21 2018 5:59:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes. Carpet beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,655 posts in 49,519 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982