(2 posts)
  1. mariat

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 29 2018 21:23:02
    #

Login to Send PM

bed bug image

Sorry for the poor quality of photo, my camera does not want to zoom or focus any further. Couple of days ago I found 4 bits on my hand. I thought it could be a bed bug bites due to the cluster of them but then saw a mosquito in my room later that day and thought it was just the mosquito. Next day I wake up with another one off bite on my leg. Still thinking it was a mosquito. Today, I say a brown/black bug crawling on my bed (pretty fast I might say) and freak out. I kill it (it was pretty hard to kill, felt like it had a strong shell). I can't tell if it's a bed bug or other sort of creature. I checked my bed and there seems to be no other signs. Also to mention, I just moved into this apartment a couple of days ago and I had already set up bed bug cones for preventative measure and there is no signs of bed bugs on those either. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Aug 29 2018 22:34:12
    #

Login to Send PM

mariat - 1 hour ago  » 
    Sorry for the poor quality of photo, my camera does not want to zoom or focus any further. Couple of days ago I found 4 bits on my hand. I thought it could be a bed bug bites due to the cluster of them but then saw a mosquito in my room later that day and thought it was just the mosquito. Next day I wake up with another one off bite on my leg. Still thinking it was a mosquito. Today, I say a brown/black bug crawling on my bed (pretty fast I might say) and freak out. I kill it (it was pretty hard to kill, felt like it had a strong shell). I can't tell if it's a bed bug or other sort of creature. I checked my bed and there seems to be no other signs. Also to mention, I just moved into this apartment a couple of days ago and I had already set up bed bug cones for preventative measure and there is no signs of bed bugs on those either. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advance.

Yes, a bit squished. Not a bed bug, but a beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956