(4 posts)
  1. trigger3

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 10 2013 8:24:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

So I moved into a new apartment 4 months ago and I started getting bed bug bites. My suitcases were on the floor and I was basically living out of my suitcase.

The pest control guys came in and confirmed that my bedroom was the only infected area and sprayed over the duration of 2 weeks. While this was happening, I was sleeping in the living room and I had moved everything out into the kitchen or the living room. I was still living out the same suitcase so I had been wearing clothes from my suitcases.

I am still sleeping on the couch in the living room but I started noticing bites yesterday night. These are big bites compared to the small ones I got before and there is only one on my right arm, one on my left arm, and one on my ankle. From my previous experience, I would get multiple bites in one area in a linear or clustered format but this is just one big bump in three areas. In addition to this though, I have smaller bumps on both of my palms... do bed bugs bite palms?

Anyway, I am scared that there are bed bugs in suitcases even though I checked thoroughly to see any fecal matter, etc. and found none.

Do you guys think there is a big possibility of bed bugs? Thank you!

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 10 2013 8:54:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you read through the FAQ's you will see that its essential to occupy any areas that are being treated to both enhance treatment efficiency and reduce the risk of the problem spreading to other rooms in the property.

They will also illustrate why its best not to attempt to diagnose based on bites and why you have to focus on live samples, cast skins and faecal traces.

By searching the area that you are sleeping in for these signs you can accurately confirm what is going on and will also know what you can do to assist with the efforts of your pest controller.

Hope that helps explain.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. trigger3

newbite

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 10 2013 9:30:11
    #

Login to Send PM

I know it was stupid of me to just sort of assume my suitcases were not infected.

If my suitcases are infected, however, would I be able to find live samples or skins, etc?

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 6 years ago
    Sun Feb 10 2013 10:24:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If the case was the source of the infestation you would find the signs if you looked closely enough but for most people that means using a magnifying lens and being very slow and systematic.

The key point in my post however was that you cant treat a room and sleep elsewhere if you want to resolve the original infested room.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,846 posts in 49,561 topics over 153 months by 21,714 of 22,159 members. Latest: Guardian4, bughelpplz, defeatthem45