Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ident and advice plz

(2 posts)
  1. bushbugg

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 29 2017 1:11:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey, thanks to the this forum for being here, hoped I would never need it again after I was here in 2010.

I have an ident issue and a few questions for a PCO

I've had some skin issues that make it hard to isolate bites from other blemishes, finding a derm about that.
    I live in a 3 family home. Had a bedbug issue 2 upstairs from me, end of 2015. I got sprayed twice as well. I think it was taken care of.

I was away from my apartment from December to end of February 2016/2017 no one stayed in my apartment. I stayed in a hotel one night before coming back. We checked for bedbugs and my sister didnt get any!

That was Feb 22. On March 17th, I saw a bedbug climbing on my sheets. Captured it, perfect sample. Adult. So I thought this was a hitch hiker bug. Was sprayed by a guy my landlord hired on April 10, but I was paranoid and thought I was seeing a few faeces specs on my bedframe slats in the next few weeks, so I hired a guy to spray, steam and seal a few crevices on May 20. He is returning after 3 weeks.

After being sprayed, I found the following three crevice sites. Could these be anything other than bedbugs? especially the third which is 10-15 feet from my bed, in my bathroom door frame. I dont see any eggs or cast skins, just these spots, that seem to be faeces.

This second one was behind a tack in the wall near the ceiling that had been painted over but had air gaps.

Second question: Ive seen a few spider beetles in the room as well. I know carpet beetles can make you itch, but dont bite- should I worry about these making me itch as well?

Would something like the conair handheld clothes steamer be suitable for steaming a bed frame and killing bedbugs?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon May 29 2017 7:22:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

While the appearance is similar the pattern of distribution is wrong.

I would test with bed bug blue to be 100% but at this stage I am 99% certain you will find that is fly poo. Discarding the colour (we are what we eat and so are they) the clustering and fine details are closer:

bed bugs limited gallery 3 - non bed bug artifacts by David Cain, on Flickr

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs