ID this bug please!

(4 posts)
  1. bugging me

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jul 14 2018 1:34:42
    #

Login to Send PM

We've had bed bugs before and it was awful, but we got rid of them about 1 1/2 years ago and life went back to normal. I just got back from a vacation where we stayed at our family's house for a week then a friends house for the night. I am usually good at IDing these devils now but I cannot tell with this one, it seems too long but has similar coloring and I don't want to get up in arms about anything until I am absolutely sure. I took the picture under a pocket microscope so hopefully it will be easy to tell. No bites or anything and I pulled apart the bed looking around and no signs of others anywhere (sheds, fecal matter, other bugs). Thank you!

https://imgur.com/a/I3Tq6tG

2. mannrw61

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jul 14 2018 8:56:55
    #

Login to Send PM

That's not a bed bug

Current fighter of bed bugs, survivor of one previous bout of bed bugs, and ironically enough I'm the IPM manager where I work.
  3. bugging me

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 24 2018 21:50:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much, a weight is lifted! Good luck in your fight!

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jul 25 2018 6:28:41
    #

Login to Send PM

It's a beetle that resembles an ant.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,417 posts in 46,320 topics over 141 months by 20,415 of 21,254 members. Latest: spokallus, nu2bedbugs87, ndjur