ID these mattress stains?

(3 posts)
  1. SadinCT

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 3 2018 6:52:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Not sure what happened when I tried to edit my original post, but it seems to have disappeared. Here it is again:

Hello, I am currently staying in a property in Mauritius and one of our party had bites on them this morning. She thought she may have been bitten by mosquitos since we were outside most of the day yesterday, and at night.

When we got back to the place, we decided to check all of the mattresses. 3 out of 4 of the mattresses have many of these rust colored stains on top of the mattress near the head area and inside the seam, as well as on the sides of the mattress. There were also some similar stains on the box spring. Here are some example photos:

Image 1
    Image 2
    Image 3

We did not find any other evidence of bed bugs. I took the headboard off the wall, checked under and in night stands, removed the mattress and looked at the box spring. I did not find any bugs nor any casings.

Can someone please ID and let us know if these are bed bug stains? We compared pictures online and most shows dark black stains on the mattress, not rust colored, so it doesn't look like it to us, but we can't figure out any other way that these stains would get inside the mattress seam as well as box spring. Thank you.

2. SadinCT

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 3 2018 7:21:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Two more photos:
    Image 5
    Image 6

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 15:16:17
    #

Login to Send PM

It doesn't look like bed bug fecal deposits to me.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,327 posts in 46,290 topics over 141 months by 20,404 of 21,244 members. Latest: Bedbughelp, Anxietykilledme, Jwag0327