Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ID (Smashed bug, unsure if you can tell)

(4 posts)
  1. Gussiedavis

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 12 2018 16:59:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay - backstory. I had a huge big fat bed bug scare after finding rust colored spots all over my sheet. I live by myself while I go to school so naturally I freaked and called my mom. We never found anything, and we looked everywhere. We bought a gallon of ecoraider and treated my apartment anyways - just to be sure (I know we should have gotten an exterminator but I can't really afford it right now). Anyways, everything was fine and dandy and I stayed at my boyfriends some until (dun dun dun), we found bedbugs in his boxsprings. I washed and dried all of the clothes I had over there, looked through my backpack and left anything I couldn't go through right now in my car (I take off my shoes and put them in a bag when I get home still, just to be safe). So last night was my first night home in awhile and I slept well knowing I wasn't around them, then when I woke up I found a blackish oval shape on my knee. I kind of freaked out and used a rag to get it off but while doing that it smashed it. Blood came out and it was gross but I have no clue what it is. It doesn't look like a bed bug to me but I've also never seen one right when it was feeding, the picture I'm attaching is clear but shitty as it is a smashed bug. You'll probably have to zoom to see anything. When I zoom in it almost looks like I see red legs? I am so stressed and really don't have time or money to do this between work and school. If you can't ID I understand, considering how badly squished this bug got. https://www.flickr.com/photos/159554957@N08/39332492725/in/dateposted-public/

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 12 2018 17:03:31
    #

Login to Send PM

You really need to put some effort in to rip a bed bug apart. I don't think that's what you have there.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Gussiedavis

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 12 2018 17:06:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the quick reply - I wasn't sure because I read somewhere that they are easier to squish once they had just fed and since I found it on me I assumed it had. This one completely fell apart when I tried to pick it up after smashing it though.

4. Gussiedavis

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Mon Feb 12 2018 17:06:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I also have a cat who has fleas if that could be an answer? I honestly have no clue what this is.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,669 posts in 45,842 topics over 139 months by 20,188 of 20,991 members. Latest: BBNewbiePlzHelp, akeller0293, califrnia