(6 posts)
  1. rebecgood

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 10:26:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all, thanks for humouring me-

I ended my lease at a place that had found a few baby bed bugs, and after the first spray (second to be done after I left), I moved out. I didn't bring any furniture, and anything in my new place was first in storage for two months and then dry cleaned on high heat... I took all the precautions, or at least I thought I did....

However, my cat has been acting a bit funky and last night I caught her chasing two of these
    https://imgur.com/a/VEjyaeO

Am I doomed for a repeat? One was found on the bedroom floor, and the other in the kitchen, but this was right after I was on the bed which could have carried it over. It moves very quick, is small (maybe 1mm) and seems to have reddish antennae/ legs/ whatever the front bit is. His buddy who I accidentally squished seemed to be brighter red, around the same size, and left a red smoosh when I touched him. The body of that one still seems pretty bright red this morning.

I am supposed to have someone coming to check it out today, but thought I would ask for a second opinion, as I've been creeping the boards for a while and have seen what great advice you folks can give

Thanks a million and I'm happy to answer more questions if needed,
    Rebecca

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 10:30:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely not a bed bug.

3. rebecgood

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 10:32:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to jebus! Any ideas what it might be? The kitty has been scratching a bit too, so if it's something that might be nipping her I want it looked at anyway...

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 10:43:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know what it is, but I only focus on bed bugs. Lou can probably tell you what you've found.

5. rebecgood

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Sep 25 2018 11:46:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you nonetheless!

@lou / @loubugger if you have a chance to check, would appreciate it greatly :).

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Sep 26 2018 7:36:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Mite. Looks like a clover mite.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,308 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo