(5 posts)
  1. soylouisebrooks

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Tue Feb 12 2019 13:11:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Do these look like faecal stains? New mattress, sheets and bedding in a new flat, I moved in a week ago. I had bedbugs in my last flat but after 3 chemical and steam treatments it cleared up in November 2018.

Have been noticing a few small bites and strange itchy spots. I have ordered an encasement for the mattress. No bedframe, as I'm only just moving in.

Could I have brought a bug with me that was squirrelled away in my things and not properly treated?

No sign of live or dead bugs on the mattress or remaining bedding, which I inspected thoroughly today. This is the bottom end of my duvet cover. I sleep with long leggings on, socks and a long-sleeved T-shirt.

Many thanks.

http://imgur.com/K6pDEuD
    http://imgur.com/3cRnDfM

2. soylouisebrooks

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Feb 13 2019 3:37:53
    #

Login to Send PM

To clarify -- this is the INSIDE edge of my duvet cover, where the seams meet and there's a little flap/edge inside. It's not likely to have something smudged on it by trailing on the floor.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Feb 13 2019 4:01:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not faecal, too homogenous black and pigment density is not correct.

Equally a non static / solid surface is rarely a suitable toilet location for bedbugs. They have odd toilet habits that way but as odd as this will sound “I am the only person known to be able to toilet train them for detection”.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. soylouisebrooks

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Feb 13 2019 4:12:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David,

Thank you so much, that has really put my mind at ease. I shall continue to monitor every couple of weeks for my own peace of mind but I really think it's OK at this point. Thankfully, because if I'd moved into a freshly renovated, gorgeous new flat and brought bugs with me, my wrath would have known no bounds!

Thanks again,
    Louise

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Feb 13 2019 4:17:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Like all things in life if you have knowledge and a plan you don’t need to rely on “wrath”.

The basics are avoid when you travel and monitor your own home at least monthly.

Small problems are always easier to deal with.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

285,399 posts in 47,493 topics over 146 months by 20,948 of 21,258 members. Latest: Nwkent25@gmail.com, Camilleparker, lamachina