ID Possible? [a: beetle and unknown]

(4 posts)
  1. TryingtoSleepSafe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 28 2017 1:18:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Found two insect corpses at the seam of the carpet outside my bedroom, trying to figure out if they are bed bugs, apologies for the state of the remains, particularly the lack of a head on the first one, that is how I found them. For the first bug, I'm not sure whether that is the top or bottom. Both of the pieces are approximately 2mm long. I'm fairly positive the second bug is not a bedbug, but for either of them would appreciate a fresh pair of eyes.

First Bug Pic 1 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

First Bug Pic 6 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

Second Bug Pic 1 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

Second Bug Pic 5 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

Second Bug Pic 8 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

Second Bug Pic 11 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

Second Bug Pic 15 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

Second Bug Pic 16 by Tryingto SleepSafe, on Flickr

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 28 2017 4:23:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Don‘t believe either is a bb. First look quite similar but seems to have wings. Would love to see the back of that one.
    Second is so not a bed bug

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 28 2017 6:21:56
    #

Login to Send PM

First is most of a beetle. Not sure which one. Only ventral view and head is missing. Other, not sure.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. TryingtoSleepSafe

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 28 2017 9:35:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 5 hours ago  » 
    Don‘t believe either is a bb. First look quite similar but seems to have wings. Would love to see the back of that one.
    Second is so not a bed bug

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately I won't be able to get any better pics of the first one as it broke apart as I was lifting it out from under the microscope. After a closer look at my pictures, I do see what you mean about what looks like part of a wing. All I saw at first was the ridged abdomen, which unfortunately seems to be shared with a lot of insects, and my mind immediately jumped to bed bug.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991