Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ID Please: Potential nymph/instar (super hi res available)

(7 posts)
  1. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 10:10:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all once again,

Thanks so much for your patience with me. I found two tiny white/translucent things crawling about under my desk last night and tape trapped them. The pictures below are through a magnifying glass, but I have 500 MB TIFF scans available (too high for flickr) that I'd be happy to share somehow if anyone is interested in more detail. I'd love to know what these are, whether they're BBs, etc.

Photo Aug 19, 9 57 42 AM by holmesianrhapsody, on Flickr

Photo Aug 19, 9 57 41 AM by holmesianrhapsody, on Flickr

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 10:18:07
    #

Login to Send PM

An educated guess would be a booklouse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 10:31:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the estimation, lou!

The following is the link to download a 550 MB .tiff scan, which has better resolution when you zoom in on the actual bugs (in the top left corner). Anyone who would be willing to do that and give me a guess would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8uqq0bg55swjgf/oreg080.tif

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 14:27:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

OK it takes over 45 mins to access the raw file via a fast line.

Its not very clear but its clearly not bedbug.

I am going to go with Lou on this and say something about the bent back head shouts pscocid to me.

If you do any more scanning please cut out the sample area and only upload that.

Hope that helps,

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 14:33:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Ack! I'm sorry about that, David. Thank you both, though, for going to the trouble for something that's not even a bedbug, and I will for sure cut stuff in the future; I'm still a bit shaky with HQ scanners and photoshop.

Thank you!

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 14:58:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You need Gimp, not a gimp but the photo editing software.

Its easy to use freeware that does most of what Photoshop does but its much easier to use especially if you don't think in graphic designer / Mac logic paths.

David

7. paranoidinchicago

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Aug 19 2014 14:59:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the tip! I've used GIMP before but it was a while ago--this I actually did at work, since we have HQ scanners and Photoshop there. I will cut anything in the future though--my apologies again for the downloading hell.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,897 posts in 49,843 topics over 154 months by 21,812 of 22,278 members. Latest: jls954, bedbbg, Bolshoibooze88