I'm really nervous I just found a bed bug [a: bed bug or close relative]

(5 posts)
  1. justmovedin

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 20:14:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello! I just moved into my apartment two weeks ago and spent several nights on the floor before my bed came in, and a few more nights before my mattress frame came in. My Windows don't have screens and I noticed some mysterious bug bites on covered areas like my thigh and arm but I still assumed they were just mosquito bites. I was cleaning around my aprtment and picked up one of the paper towels I used to find this bug (pic attached) and it seriously looks like a bed bug. Now I'm nervous my apartment has more. I haven't found any other evidence of them besides this. What should I do now??

image hosting without account

2. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 20:48:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes it would seem you did, too bad for you, the bug seems content though.

3. justmovedin

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 20:54:19
    #

Login to Send PM

The bug is dead and in a plastic bag to show the exterminator. I looked around my bed and couldn't find any evidence of bugs. My mattress is covered in a bed bug protector and my new frame is metal, but now I'm worried they may be living somewhere on my comforter... is that possible? Also the bites are isolated and never in a line. What are the chances that this bug was just tracked in?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 3 years ago
    Thu Aug 25 2016 22:28:20
    #

Login to Send PM

It's always possible there's just one, but you will know more after an inspection.

You can't really extrapolate anything much from the patterns of skin reactions.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. bugged-cdn

Posted 3 years ago
    Sat Aug 27 2016 16:39:42
    #

Login to Send PM

If the comforter is the only thing making you nervous, throw it in a hot dryer for an hour.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,644 posts in 50,005 topics over 154 months by 21,867 of 22,348 members. Latest: jaa5108, fightingback, Jenloaa