(7 posts)
  1. ParanoidSad

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 30 2018 9:09:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all

We had a bedbug infestation last year and, as I foolishly believed, got rid of them. The bedbugs were under the mattress (threw it out) and on the bed frame (brushed, washed, sprinkled with DE). Not a bite for over a year, I started feeling safe. I also turned the mattress and cleaned on a regular basis. Last night I was on the sofa in the living room when I saw a little bug on my sleeve close to my hand, I took it to the sink and tried to take the picture. The bug was moving very fast (not what I remember from the first time, those were almost lethargic, probably good fed). I took a picture and it does look a lot like a bedbug. It did bite me, I think, as I have a bite mark on the same hand. I am obsessive by nature and spent all day researching instead of working
    Could please someone help to identify this bug? I do hope, it is "just" a bat bug, bird mite or bird bug. The sofa is in the living room quite close to the fireplace and we sometimes can here the birds up the chimney.

Also, I don't understand how this bug got so big without us having no bites and we do spend time on that sofa.

Sorry for the long read... I went through all stages from panic, sadness, anger and hope and am now back at zero.

Many thanks!

2. ParanoidSad

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 30 2018 9:10:27
    #

Login to Send PM

ParanoidSad - 7 seconds ago  » 
    Hi all
    We had a bedbug infestation last year and, as I foolishly believed, got rid of them. The bedbugs were under the mattress (threw it out) and on the bed frame (brushed, washed, sprinkled with DE). Not a bite for over a year, I started feeling safe. I also turned the mattress and cleaned on a regular basis. Last night I was on the sofa in the living room when I saw a little bug on my sleeve close to my hand, I took it to the sink and tried to take the picture. The bug was moving very fast (not what I remember from the first time, those were almost lethargic, probably good fed). I took a picture and it does look a lot like a bedbug. It did bite me, I think, as I have a bite mark on the same hand. I am obsessive by nature and spent all day researching instead of working
    Could please someone help to identify this bug? I do hope, it is "just" a bat bug, bird mite or bird bug. The sofa is in the living room quite close to the fireplace and we sometimes can here the birds up the chimney.
    Also, I don't understand how this bug got so big without us having no bites and we do spend time on that sofa.
    Sorry for the long read... I went through all stages from panic, sadness, anger and hope and am now back at zero.
    Many thanks!

Sorry, how do I upload pictures?

3. ParanoidSad

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 30 2018 10:34:12
    #

Login to Send PM

4. HifromChi

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 30 2018 10:47:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert, but it looks like a beg bug nymph, almost to the adult stage, but not quite.

Lou might be able to help you determine if it is of the bat bug variety, I know it's not easy to determine from afar though.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Aug 30 2018 12:13:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, looks like a late stage bed bug nymph. They're not crisp pictures to be able to say much else about ID.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. ParanoidSad

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 31 2018 4:44:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you all. I am back in fighting modus.
    Scrubbed, brushed, vacuumed and powdered with
    DE.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Aug 31 2018 7:13:47
    #

Login to Send PM

ParanoidSad - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thank you all. I am back in fighting modus.
    Scrubbed, brushed, vacuumed and powdered with
    DE.

Cimexa dust works faster and has no crystalline component. These dusts are not meant for broadcast application.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,818 posts in 49,813 topics over 154 months by 21,802 of 22,268 members. Latest: MrBedbug, Pioneer47, laurabedbugs