Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

ID please... Have I finally found an adult BB??

(11 posts)
  1. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 5:51:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been going through a bed bug nightmare for nearly a year now but I am yet to see an adult bed bug or any harbourages as such... Though I have been treating with my steamer and DE which is why maybe I haven't found a nest...?? I have seen many nymphs on dozens of occasions, usually I notice them on me or when I freeze things like shoes and teddies I find them. Anyways just wanting to know if I have finally found an adult? This was on my bed, I do realise its legs and head is missing, but the body and striped appearance had me convinced...? Am I right?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/wRaaDoDbiFTDbT2L7
    [img]http://https://photos.app.goo.gl/wRaaDoD
    biFTDbT2L7[/img]

2. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 5:59:10
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 6:00:16
    #

Login to Send PM

4. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 6:01:07
    #

Login to Send PM

5. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 6:04:43
    #

Login to Send PM

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sat Jun 8 2019 7:14:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

No that is not a bedbug.

Please stop and look at pscocids, I strongly suspect these are the nymphs you are finding and in which can the work you are doing is making them more abundant.

If you can post an image to have them confirmed.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 0:59:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks heaps David! I must admit at the start of all this I was seeing these clear tiny bugs on the walls and was adamant they were bed bugs... After a thorough search on the net I concluded that they were indeed booklouse. These other "nymphs" I mentioned are different, they seem to love me, hence why I have found them on my person on numerous occasions. I have seen tan ones, black ones, red ones full of my blood, and the real tiny barley visible ones a translucent white. I will try and get a pic if I find one again... Thank you!!!

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 4:35:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

A picture will be needed as I can think of other organisms that match that description.

I would focus on faecal traces as evidence as they are easier to find.

David

9. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 21:33:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Last one shows a dark object but can't figure out what it really is. Can't see the others -- I asked for permission to see the images.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  10. Georgieee

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Jun 9 2019 21:45:06
    #

Login to Send PM

11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 10 2019 5:35:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Georgieee - 7 hours ago  » 
    Thanks Lou, is this a better pic?
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-5aytvOH039KzcHyL-0qVq9v1USUwvKG/view?usp=drivesdk

It's only part of an insect, maybe a beetle. Definitely not a bed bug body. You have to relax and realize not every thing you find is related to any bed bugs or anything else.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,810 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen