ID please, catching one per day [a: carpet beetle]

(6 posts)
  1. rawrnobugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2016 15:29:06
    #

Login to Send PM

The first time i saw it was on a stuffed animal that has been sitting at the end of my bed for a couple of years that i never touch. I've caught one for 4 consecutive days since i found this forum. Three out of five times they were found on my sheets and pillow. Base on images i have found on google they seem to resemble bed bugs except they look more black and no blood has come out from the two times I've crushed them..... I checked my mattresses and although they're old they're intact and i cant seem to find places where they could be finding. Because the camera on my phone wont focus ive had to take photos under direct light and from that ive gathered that they hate the light, it would always crawl underneath the tissue to hide from the light....
    Please help, Im freaking out and i dont even look forward to the weekend because i dont think i can sleep soundly.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2016 15:40:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. The antennae and coloring are different.

3. rawrnobugs

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2016 15:51:24
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 5 minutes ago  » 
    Not a bed bug. The antennae and coloring are different.

Thank you so soo much for replying!!. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this because i RLY don't want any bloodsuckers in my bed. Not to judge your expertise but because I am so paranoid may I ask you how the antennae differ? They seem to part just like ones on the ads i see on the right side of the forum....I'm so sorry...I just rly need some reassurance!!!, I'm even holding one hostage inside a plastic bag just in case my photos are not up to par....Thank you so much!!!!

4. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2016 15:53:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Look at images of bed bugs and you will see how very different they are.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2016 18:00:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Dermestid (carpet) beetle. Belongs to genus Anthrenus.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. BuggedInTN

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Fri Mar 4 2016 22:44:48
    #

Login to Send PM

This looks lovely key a carpet beetle.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,394 posts in 50,185 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,432 members. Latest: Ladybug1993, PROJECTD168, Kimmmie46