(3 posts)
  1. kristyna

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jun 1 2019 16:04:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Two weeks ago I woke up with my first "bites", they were flat and did not itch. I assumed it must have been bed bugs and started observing everything. However, I never found any traces of them. But I still kept getting two or three new bumps each night. I got rid of our second hand chairs and our bed, since I am moving soon anyway, but today I woke up at night and felt something on my hand. I started searching for it and found the creature on the first pic in the album below crawling on the bed.

Seems like it might be a carpet beetle larvae that lost its hairs? I would be relieved to at least finally see a cause of my bumps that have since gotten very itchy and raised, but can CBs really cause the red spots with dark centers you can see in the first pics I or may I be dealing with more than one type of bugs?

Thank you for any advice.

Click to see photos

2. Mawiwala

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 0:35:38
    #

Login to Send PM

My first guess would be a female odd beetle. For a bed bug to light, when this long.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 8:22:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 7 hours ago  » 
    My first guess would be a female odd beetle. For a bed bug to light, when this long.

No, it's not a female odd beetle. I'm not sure what species from that view of it in picture.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,483 posts in 49,273 topics over 152 months by 21,594 of 22,016 members. Latest: evil11, Airbnbug, junojunk