ID Please - Bites and Bed Pics

(5 posts)
  1. pleasenotagain123

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Fri Oct 26 2018 16:48:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone, unfortunately I'm back (on a new account) after what was supposed to be a bedbug-free year. A few days ago, I slept on the couch/sofa in the living room and got multiple bites around my neck/back side of my neck that still haven't gone down (link here: https://imgur.com/a/J5rszZn). I tried checking the surface of the sofa or the pillows for any signs (blood, fecal matter, cast skins, etc) but haven't found anything. I don't have the courage to look under the cushions yet.

I don't believe I've gotten any new bites since then, but I checked my bed today to see what was up. And it was then that I got these pictures... (https://imgur.com/a/mW9zmiG) So I found what, upon zooming, I believe is a flea in my bed. Honestly, I'm thankful to have found that rather than bedbugs because their treatment seems so much easier. However, I'm still wary about the possibility of BOTH bedbugs and fleas.

If you guys could provide any insight or help, that would be greatly appreciated. I'm terrified at the idea of another infestation in my new apartment, and these bites are making me really insecure about being intimate with my significant other. I don't want this to have to consume my life again, and I've just been so stressed. Please help.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 19:12:34
    #

Login to Send PM

'tSkin lesions don't have to be from bed bug feeding. Difficult to say if these are or aren't bed bug related. Need to use various monitors to collect any bed bugs or other insects/arachnids.
    The insect looks like a brown lacewing from what I can tell from the pictures. Not biting you. Looks like wings in the lateral view of it. The first is too dark to see much. I can't see much of any interest on the mattress.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 19:12:53
    #

Login to Send PM

'tSkin lesions don't have to be from bed bug feeding. Difficult to say if these are or aren't bed bug related. Need to use various monitors to collect any bed bugs or other insects/arachnids.
    The insect looks like a brown lacewing from what I can tell from the pictures. Not biting you. Looks like wings in the lateral view of it. The first is too dark to see much. I can't see much of any interest on the mattress.

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Sat Oct 27 2018 19:18:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hard to see first picture clearly, but 2nd one of insect looks like a brown lacewing. Looks like wings are folded down on side. It's not biting you.
    Skin lesions can be from many things including bed bug bites. You need to use monitors to see if you can capture anything that may be crawling around.

5. willgetbetter

newbite

Posted 6 months ago
    Sun Dec 30 2018 2:48:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Any thoughts. Been waking up to this(not everyday) for months on and off.

Thanks so much in advance

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,693 posts in 48,873 topics over 151 months by 21,456 of 21,858 members. Latest: Bedbugs47, Ccronk22@gmail.com, KlendathuKing