ID PLEASE

(6 posts)
  1. softball06

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 16 2019 5:10:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been on vacation out of the country for the past week. I have only been home about 7 hours and I see this crawling on my floor. I have looked around baseboards, under my bed, under my mattress everywhere and can not find anything. Should I be concerned about an infestation? Will a fogger for bed bugs take care of anything? TIA

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183502049@N02/48547729742/in/dateposted-friend

2. Arata

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 16 2019 5:23:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a pro, but look like bedbugs to me.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 16 2019 7:28:04
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

That is a bedbug or close relative.

DO NOT USE FOGGERS - read the FAQ which will explain why.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  4. softball06

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 16 2019 8:02:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve only seen this one, I’ve looked everywhere it seems like. Is it possible to only have the one that came in through my luggage from traveling? What at home things can I do then? Thank you.

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 16 2019 8:57:46
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

You could read the FAQ and useful tools sections which are going to answer the basic questions and give you a plan. You may also want to read my TbyPMR protocol.

David

6. darthvadernoooo

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Fri Aug 16 2019 12:50:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm in the same boat as you. Found a dead one on my window sill a week after moving into our house in an unoccupied bedroom. I have an active monitor for the unoccupied room, and a passive monitor for our bedroom. I've always been very careful when staying at hotels and checking for them, so have no idea if I accidentally picked one up or if the house was previously treated for them.

We're not in the clear yet and are still monitoring for them. The anxiety of whether or not you have them totally sucks. Keeping with the suggested schedule for the monitors (i.e. checking every week and not every day) will help alleviate it a little. Also, I will caution you, if you're buying the American version of the passive monitors, their instructions will differ than what David recommends, so definitely go with his recommendations.

Just know you're not alone and there are a lot of helpful people in this forum to provide calming advice.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82