(2 posts)
  1. Entomophobe13

newbite

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 22:48:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all,

I found this bug in our bed - along with one dead one that looked the same. We travel a lot for work (we stay in a lot of hotels), and we were just out of the house for about a week (noticed the bugs after sitting in bed for about 30 ish minutes); I'm not sure if our absence explains the dead one.

My partner says he can't find signs of infestation, but has no experience identifying the bugs. I googled and found this site.

Neither of us have signs of bites as far as I can tell.

I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer in identifying these bugs. I posted pictures on a Flickr account, and put the URL below. I'm sorry I'm having issues embedding the images on mobile. (And sorry for the crap quality of the photos - someone destroyed my specimens before I could get more photos.)

Bugs are really not my forte and at this point I'm just trying to not freak horribly (any more than I already have).

I would really appreciate any information you can give me, lovey people of the interwebz.

Thank you!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138485137@N07/39466201434/in/photostream

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 9 months ago
    Fri Feb 9 2018 23:40:25
    #

Login to Send PM

small beetle, something like a saw-toothed grain beetle.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,529 posts in 46,819 topics over 143 months by 20,657 of 21,553 members. Latest: eatenaliveindtla, Sionainn, ykngrggpus