(7 posts)
  1. Susan020189

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2015 21:58:15
    #

Login to Send PM

https://flic.kr/p/utMCn8

Can you tell me if this looks like a bed bug? I'm questioning myself as any insect I see with any sort of horizontal stripes I immediately think of bed bugs. Bed bug or something else?

2. Susan020189

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2015 22:01:09
    #

Login to Send PM

3. Susan020189

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2015 22:01:46
    #

Login to Send PM

4. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2015 22:42:56
    #

Login to Send PM

NOT a bed bug. A carpet beetle larva maybe? Hard to tell in the pictures, is it "hairy"? I'm not an expert, so please stay tuned for a professional ID. Just putting your mind at easy

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  5. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Jun 10 2015 22:45:11
    #

Login to Send PM

FormerlyBuggy - 48 seconds ago  » 
    NOT a bed bug. A carpet beetle larva maybe? Hard to tell in the pictures, is it "hairy"? I'm not an expert, so please stay tuned for a professional ID. Just putting your mind at easy
    Melanie

I meant "at ease :lol:". Long day...

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jun 11 2015 9:28:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Confirming 100% not bedbug.

It's a beetle larva but I dont think its carpet, no huge concern unless you are made of natural fibers or they are in large numbers (50+) and then physical removal is your best solution.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Thu Jun 11 2015 10:03:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Could you take a picture of it but the underside of the body? Roll it over. Take a close-up and high resolution and large picture size. Most of your images are clear, but a little dark, but not bad. It could be a very small beetle larva, possibly a dermestid, but something looks amiss on the sides of the abdomen and at the front at the head.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,988 posts in 49,598 topics over 153 months by 21,730 of 22,177 members. Latest: nadialula, Charybdea, Maria081