1. junkbox001

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 15 2015 16:56:47
    #

Login to Send PM

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2ngzehu.jpg
    http://oi62.tinypic.com/2ljmg6r.jpg

I apologize for not being able to get a more clearer image.

Is it a bed bug??

We've been living in our row house for 24 years, since 1991, and have not had any problems in the past. I began to notice a few small, itchy bite-like welts only on my toes (on both feet), over the course of a few days during the week of May 3rd through May 10th 2015. There are black ants in the kitchen (coincidental), and here the weather got hot and humid starting May 3rd, and then I noticed this one bug, already dead on my bedroom floor on May 14. I tried to find more of them in my room, but have not found more yet. I used sticky paper to pick it up, so the paper flattened the bug a little--sorry! Is it a bed bug????

I don't have any new welts on my toes yesterday or today, and have been keeping a log since May 10th. I also check other parts of my body for welts after getting out of bed and have not seen/felt any. We hosted 2 (out of town) visitors for a week during the week of May 3rd, but they never went into my room. My house is a row house, so I have neighbors on both sides.

Thanks!!

2. Gahhh

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 15 2015 17:31:20
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not an expert, but that sure looks like a bed bug to me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 15 2015 17:36:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes, it looks like a female of a common bed bug or, due to clarity of image, a closely related species such as a bat bug. Reading your story, it is possible that the bed bug is from the travelers (or neighbors) and that if no one is in their empty room, they have found you since you are close by.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. junkbox001

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 15 2015 19:17:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Yikes!! Thanks for your input--much appreciated. Now I'll go mope a little. ^^;

5. bbnewbie123

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri May 15 2015 22:03:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi there, I'm so sorry you're going through this! However please take comfort and rejoice in the fact that: 1- you caught them early and 2- you found this website!!! This website is good for information because then you can avoid making mistakes!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,414 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams