ID on possible shedding please... [a: not bed bug shed skin]

(6 posts)
  1. Freznoth

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 21:55:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry if the quality is poor, found this in the shower after roommate took one.

2. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 22:02:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Bed bug shed skins look exactly like bed bugs, but more transparant. This looks pretty solid and not much like a bed bug, and might even be too big.

An expert will know more.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 22:04:29
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebuggs - 1 minute ago  » 
    Bed bug shed skins look exactly like bed bugs, but more transparant. This looks pretty solid and not much like a bed bug, and might even be too big.

I made a post earlier today with a Flickr link to some pics... can you see if they're skins or just a dead bug? I can't tell- I don't know what I'm looking for! Lol

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 22:56:27
    #

Login to Send PM

psychologically_messed_up - 51 minutes ago  » 

nomorebuggs - 1 minute ago  » 

I made a post earlier today with a Flickr link to some pics... can you see if they're skins or just a dead bug? I can't tell- I don't know what I'm looking for! Lol

This FAQ shows what bed bug shed skins look like:
    http://bedbugger.com/2013/01/15/what-do-bed-bug-shed-skins-look-like/amp/

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. Freznoth

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 0:51:03
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebuggs - 2 hours ago  » 

Yeah I hear ya. I'm just worried because it was from the shower that it might have gotten fractured. I know this isn't a lot to go on.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 4:48:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Freznoth - 3 hours ago  » 

nomorebuggs - 2 hours ago  » 

Yeah I hear ya. I'm just worried because it was from the shower that it might have gotten fractured. I know this isn't a lot to go on.

Not a bed bug shed skin.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,187 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92