ID on Cast Skin (probably?)

(3 posts)
  1. notanotherthrowaway

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 0:50:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I noticed this in the top of an unused art book leaning against an endtable at 5AM last night. I immediately thought it was a live bedbug, but I quickly saw it wasn't living, and now, looking at it more closely, I'm not sure it's a bedbug. The head area seems to be the wrong shape, and the coloring seems off compared to cast shell pics I've seen.

I have a PackTite monitor attached to my box springs. It's picked up absolutely nothing.

I know I have carpet beetles, and will be taking that to the building manager asap. I don't know if they stayed and bred, but there are a few resting forever in a lampshade I need to clean.

2. Mawiwala

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 2:26:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks more like a beetle to me. First picture is blurry, but are there wings? I don’t think the building manager will do much against carpet beetles, because they can be everywhere. Most likely more apartments have them. You should wash and treat everything made of wool and fur like you would do with clothes moth to protect your stuff. They eat everything out of keratin means skin scales, hair, wool, fur, leather. This means normally that it is up to you to minimize the food source. Clean everything like closets, carpets etc. I think you can use DE to kill them.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Jun 11 2019 3:37:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,734 posts in 48,881 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver