1. bry534

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Aug 30 2014 18:33:47
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127275866@N07/15064593056/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/127275866@N07/15084582741/

need id of bugs please. first pic is better. second pic is not as good but for size reference.

2. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Aug 30 2014 21:34:38
    #

Login to Send PM

It's something else. I'll leave it to the experts/pros (which I am not) to tell you exactly what it is, but it's NOT a bed bug.

3. bry534

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Sat Aug 30 2014 22:48:40
    #

Login to Send PM

thanks for your help AbsolutelyFreaking……I thought it was one and sent the pics to a local bed bud thermal place but they think it is something else also. They suggested this site would probably have an entomologist or pro who could tell me exactly what it is. I am hoping one will look at this and be able to let me know as I have been freaking out that it is bedbugs. So far only noticed on the outside of the house which would make you think they weren't but I had a recent run in with bed bugs at a hotel and thought I did everything right when I came home but I threw out some clothes from that hotel stay in the garbage can that was unsealed so I was worried when I started to notice these on the outside of the house about a week later (thinking they are looking for a way in). maybe been there the whole time and never paid attention before. If you know how to get an entomologist or pro to look at this it would be very much appreciated.

thanks

4. AbsolutelyFreaking

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 31 2014 11:39:38
    #

Login to Send PM

bry534 - 12 hours ago  » 
    thanks for your help AbsolutelyFreaking……

You're welcome.

bry534 - 12 hours ago  » 
    I am hoping one will look at this and be able to let me know as I have been freaking out that it is bedbugs.

As stated above, it is absolutely NOT a bed bug.

bry534 - 12 hours ago  » 
    If you know how to get an entomologist or pro to look at this it would be very much appreciated.

I have PM'd Lou Sorkin - one of the amazing entomologists that participate and ID on the forum - with a link to your post asking him to take a look at it for you. He is very generous with his time volunteering and I'm sure he will take a look when he's back on. But, once again, NOT a bed bug!

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 years ago
    Sun Aug 31 2014 17:22:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like it could be a booklouse. Images don't appear to have larger images associated with them.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 1 2014 1:43:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Duly edited, thanks Lou!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. bry534

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Mon Sep 1 2014 16:37:25
    #

Login to Send PM

thank you so much for your help. you have allowed me to sleep once again!!!!

8. buggyblue

Posted 5 years ago
    Tue Sep 2 2014 15:33:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Oh my goodness!! This is some of what I've been seeing around my own home, along with casings (which were ID'd as bed bugs by our PCO's). I'm really thinking now (esp. since the experts have weighed in on another thread) that we have been misdiagnosed.

Anyway, congrats Bry on NOT having bed bugs! This whole experience makes me more vigilant about traveling, skeptical of bringing home used goods, and taking constant preventative measures in my home to keep bed bugs OUT. There is much to be learned from scares like this!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,809 posts in 50,043 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen