(3 posts)
  1. manytravels

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 26 2016 2:27:17
    #

Login to Send PM

hi folks,

I found this little guy on the sheets of my guest room. it moves like a spider and I believe there are (8) legs, but the shape and coloring make me think bed bugs... ideas?

http://imgur.com/a/pJcZh

thanks in advance!

2. frightened

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 26 2016 2:32:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I am no expert but it is definitely not a bedbug. I would think it is a shiny spider. If you Google bedbug images you will see the difference

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Nov 26 2016 6:28:56
    #

Login to Send PM

manytravels - 3 hours ago  » 
    hi folks,
    I found this little guy on the sheets of my guest room. it moves like a spider and I believe there are (8) legs, but the shape and coloring make me think bed bugs... ideas?
    http://imgur.com/a/pJcZh
    thanks in advance!

Yes, 8 legs. It is a spider. This is a species of oecobiid spider. Body shape and coloration have nothing to do with bed bug body and coloration.

frightened - 3 hours ago  » 
    I am no expert but it is definitely not a bedbug. I would think it is a shiny spider. If you Google bedbug images you will see the difference

There is an insect called shiny spider beetle, but this is not it. The shiny spider beetle is pear-shaped and reddish brown. Its antennae are heavy and because of this often thought of as being legs thus rendering an 8-legged insect which would be a spider. The arthropod in the picture is actually 8-legged and as noted above, is a spider.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,635 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback