(11 posts)
  1. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 16:45:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

Just when I had calmed down that I was just paranoid, I checked the homemade trap my roommate made and found this. It's a nymph, isn't it ?? https://flic.kr/p/XDLB1N

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 17:22:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Can you get a clearer photo? I see a dot on a drum stick...

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 17:38:54
    #

Login to Send PM

It was so water logged, or yeast sugar solution logged, that that's the clearest I could come up with. The only other photo I've got is this one - https://flic.kr/p/X7RTq1

4. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 17:45:30
    #

Login to Send PM

The shape does look correct...

5. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 17:51:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I am absolutely stupid with Flickr, but I think I got this....

The tape in my hand is fresh babies and eggs, the beige background is an almost mature nymph... the other pics are a dead female... if any of that helps you?

6. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 17:52:06
    #

Login to Send PM

7. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 18:20:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the pics! I let it dry out and now it looks like this - https://flic.kr/p/XvPJLp

Can't get a clear view of the legs, but curious if any experts can and also if any other bugs would be attracted to the yeast, sugar homemade trap.

Just made arrangements to move on Sunday, but am just going to leave it all behind if it is a bed bug.

8. nomorebuggs

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 21:59:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Cant tell what the bug in the photos is, but any bug attracted to CO2 would be drawn to that trap.

Not an expert. Any advice I give is information gleaned via anxiety-fueled research of credible sources and expert posts here. Please research all advice before treating and consult a professional.
  9. bwolf

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Aug 14 2017 22:15:22
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought the same thing and have been trying to Google a list of possibilities! I meant to thank you for your response to my last post on Saturday, by the way. Knowing there are others out there that understand the anxiety is really comforting. I'm guessing that even the experts might not be able to tell if this is a BB. I think I'll be safe and leave all my wooden furniture behind. Start fresh.

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 5:01:27
    #

Login to Send PM

nomorebuggs - 7 hours ago  » 
    Cant tell what the bug in the photos is, but any bug attracted to CO2 would be drawn to that trap.

Not necessarily. Might just have blundered in.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  11. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Aug 15 2017 5:01:48
    #

Login to Send PM

bwolf - 12 hours ago  » 
    Hey everyone,
    Just when I had calmed down that I was just paranoid, I checked the homemade trap my roommate made and found this. It's a nymph, isn't it ?? https://flic.kr/p/XDLB1N

No.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123