(5 posts)
  1. bugsinbathroom

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 24 2018 16:42:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Just tonight we have noticed many very small black bugs on the tiles of our bathroom. They mostly seem to be around the window area and didn't squish easily, nor did they bleed, but we also saw some smaller see-through bugs too.

I live with three others and none of us have noticed any bites or bugs in our bed, but we are freaking out at the minute. We live in Barcelona where we know that bed bugs can be an issue.

I have some low-quality photos but they're pretty hard to make out. Could these be bed bugs? If not, what could they be. Thanks

Photo 1

Photo 2

2. Bugsareicky

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 24 2018 19:48:40
    #

Login to Send PM

They don't look like bedbugs to me...I want to say bird mites, but I am not a professional, this is just my best guess. Do you know if there may be birds living really close? (attic, eaves, a tree near your bathroom?)

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Apr 25 2018 4:54:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Difficult to say what they are due to picture magnification. Zooming in on downloaded image not helpful. Obviously not bed bugs, most likely mite, but not necessarily parasitic mite.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. bugsinbathroom

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Apr 25 2018 11:22:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks guys. I'll try to get some better photos tonight. There is a chance they could be bird mites as the bathroom window opens to a balcony. Our other thought was book lice, as the bathroom is also pretty humid.

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Apr 25 2018 16:41:34
    #

Login to Send PM

bugsinbathroom - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thanks guys. I'll try to get some better photos tonight. There is a chance they could be bird mites as the bathroom window opens to a balcony. Our other thought was book lice, as the bathroom is also pretty humid.

They're not insects so that rules out booklice.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,734 posts in 50,026 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah