ID needed on CURTAIN

(5 posts)
  1. justparanoidforgiveme

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Sep 10 2019 20:40:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. Unfortunately, ever since I learned what bed bug feces looked like a couple of months ago I've become paranoid and think everything is bed bug related (and, of course, it's not). However, today I found these black marks in the middle of my curtain which could either be mold or some bug related feces.

Tested some marks with q-tip and saliva and the marks did not smear. Proceeded to scrub the marks out with Awesome cleaner and they began to fade away, I put the curtain in the washer and the stains did come out a bit more, but not completely.

Could this be mold or any type of bug related spots?

The marks are in the middle of the curtain and on this curtain only. No evidence of casings or anything of that nature that I could see. Curtain is 100% cotton and in front of a window no where by the bed.

Photos below

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 1:28:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbug related, if you compare with the example images you can see the fine detail is not correct.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. justparanoidforgiveme

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Sep 11 2019 15:02:11
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 13 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    100% not bedbug related, if you compare with the example images you can see the fine detail is not correct.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thank you, David. You have definitely put my mind at ease. Now I just have to figure out where those spots came from.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 12 2019 6:41:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes/No.

Having to find out the answer is not always the healthy way to resolve issues. I spent 6 years looking for a missing 30 seconds in my life and only moved on once I accepted the fact that I did not actually need to answer that question to live my life.

The last image looks like a synthetic pigment such as a blue Biro pen ink. It was deposited post fabric weaving and is not recent but also not washed in (not unusual for curtains).

The significantly healthier path is:

Monitors are all clear, get on with life avoiding where you can and detecting and early resolving when you can't.

David

5. justparanoidforgiveme

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Sep 12 2019 10:29:19
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 3 hours ago  » 
    The last image looks like a synthetic pigment such as a blue Biro pen ink. It was deposited post fabric weaving and is not recent but also not washed in (not unusual for curtains).
    The significantly healthier path is:
    Monitors are all clear, get on with life avoiding where you can and detecting and early resolving when you can't.
    David

I thought it looked like pen inks as well, but there's no way for any pen to make it the mid-bottom length of this curtain (it's floor length), and it also didn't come out too easily. It took a good amount of scrubbing and stain fighter gel.

The marks are pretty recent, though. I washed these curtains about a month ago and they weren't there.

I'm trying to take the healthier path and not let this make me crazy.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,691 posts in 49,781 topics over 154 months by 21,790 of 22,255 members. Latest: bedbugsonthebrain, Worried-bedbugger, Smacker82