Id needed, freaking out

(4 posts)
  1. Terr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 18:43:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I found this by my family's shoes when cleaning up. As someone who was scared of bedbugs before after a scare with another bug and searched a ton, it looks simiar to me but not sure since it seems rather large. Since its winter and its been snowing or wet weve been dragging all kinds of things in so im not sure if its something i should worry about.

heres the piece i found along with another pic of a mesuring tape next to my finger for size comparison. (The piece got lost unfortunately and im unable to find it again ) If it helps, other bugs that are similar in size where this coulda broken off of that ive seen have been ladybugs, an ocasional cricket and stinkbugs. We also do live in a woodsy area and though ive never seen one here ive heard roches live in the woods so theres that too.

https://imgur.com/a/5z8sQIz
    https://imgur.com/a/fgmsiOd

If this is something what should i do? Call the exterminator right away or wait to see if its really anything? I honestly check often for bugs of any type since i have a bad phobia of infestations, esp of biting bugs so rather nip it in the butt asap

2. Terr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 18:45:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Wanted to add, i do regularly check for bedbugs despite never having them. I know what they look like thanks to google but have never seen one in person.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 22:30:28
    #

Login to Send PM

The insect part you have in the picture is the abdomen of a ladybird beetle. This looks like the introduced Asian ladybird beetle. It's a species that overwinters in cold areas of the home such as in the attic. Of course, it can come into the living areas of the home, but then they die because it is too warm and they can't go into a overwintering state.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Terr

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Feb 10 2019 22:49:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Bless your heart lou, thank you for the quick response. I can sleep easy tonight! Lol

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

287,541 posts in 47,911 topics over 148 months by 21,107 of 21,446 members. Latest: nyc-bedbugs, needhelp1111, urka1234