ID Needed - Found A Bed Bug Egg In A VERY Strange, Concerning Place

(6 posts)
  1. cannotcope

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 1:20:56
    #

Login to Send PM

From what I've read, bed bugs don't lay eggs on/inside your body. But I've found some very unfortunate evidence to the contrary. Warning: TMI AND GROSS IMAGE.

I've been dealing with a bed bug infestation for about six weeks now. A very light, early one, the exterminator said--he said he wouldn't even call it an infestation. Only two live bugs were ever found, and one dead, after two treatments. I haven't seen any bugs since the dead one, about a month ago, I think. Tonight, I was going to the bathroom and when I wiped and checked the TP to see if I needed to wipe again, I saw something weird on the toilet paper. It kind of looked like a bedbug egg to me, shape-wise, although I'd only seen pictures, previously. I investigated it and transferred the thing onto a clean piece of toilet paper. Still looked like a BB egg, with the little hole on top and everything--but bigger than I thought they'd be, and with darkened edges. I squeezed it, and it popped. When I took the popped substance out, it looked like this.

Pics (no poop or anything but potentially gross)

So I guess my question is did a BED BUG FREAKING LAY AN EGG INSIDE MY BUM?

This happened around 11 PM tonight. I took a shower this morning and washed down there, you know, as you do. I went to the bathroom several times today but it was just urine (sorry for the details here) so I wasn't checking the TP. The underwear I was wearing was brand new. The skirt I was wearing was not, nor was it fresh from the laundry, but when I take off my clothes everyday I put them in large ziploc bags to keep them safe. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? WHAT DO I DO?

2. Scarabyte

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 1:27:57
    #

Login to Send PM

That doesnt look like a BB egg to me, it is um
    Quite large for an egg, almost the size of an adult. No idea what it is though

3. cannotcope

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 1:52:42
    #

Login to Send PM

I thought it seemed too big too! I mean honestly at this point I'm hoping I just have some kind of freaking parasite

4. cannotcope

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 1:59:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Or I've been looking into it more and could just be an undigested/unsprouted seed of some kind.

I apologize if I overreacted and made anyone look at my butt products for no reason But I would love to get a PCO to weigh in just in case!

5. LittleRin

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Tue Apr 17 2018 22:14:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a PCO, but if I would you, I would monitor things and if your situation continues maybe contact a doctor. If they are eggs and not simply some kind of food item, then they are much, much more likely to be a parasite (tapeworms?) than bed bugs. Your doctor would know better how to advise you.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 5 months ago
    Wed Apr 18 2018 6:06:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bed bug related in those pictures.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,327 posts in 46,290 topics over 141 months by 20,404 of 21,244 members. Latest: Bedbughelp, Anxietykilledme, Jwag0327